Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best glock spring/trigger recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    I personally do not trust any aftermarket connectors, triggers/trigger bars, trigger housing units, firing pin safeties, firing pin safety springs, or firing pins. Nor do I trust those same modified OEM parts (new hole drilled, trigger changed to have less pre travel, etc.),
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Ditto what Mr_White wrote. Every Glock I've seen go tits up in a class was full of aftermarket parts.
    Both of these.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I don't maintain a list, but I did write a post (quoted below for convenience) about what I look for (and why) in aftermarket triggers.

FWIW, connectors don't affect the starting position of the trigger and therefore don't impact pre-travel -- only the trigger geometry and trigger/frame and trigger-bar/trigger pivot point range of motion and relative position do. Connectors can seem to change the amount of pre-travel but they do that by moving the striker release point forward, not the starting point of the trigger rearward.

Again, I'm just some dude on the internet -- and perhaps more importantly some dude on the internet that wants to sell you stuff -- so anything I say should be taken with an appropriately sized grain of salt. Do your due diligence and fully understand what any parts you install in your gun do and what any potential unintended consequences of those parts might me. Or not, I'm not the boss of you -- or anyone else for that matter.
    Thank you - this was very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by markman View Post
    So, after shooting this weekend with my favorite glock trigger, the Arsenal Democracy Switch - I noticed that it fails the drop safety test in my lone wolf frame. This came after breaking 2.0 seconds on the bill drill from concealment consistently and sub 4.5 second FAST test. I was pretty devastated finding this out. In fact, a lot of my triggers do this in my lone wolf frames too. When I remove the slide and press down on the cruciform with the SWITCH trigger, the trigger bar drops down lower. Is this a valid test? If it's legit, then I definitely must change this up.

I am looking for recommendations on safe trigger alternatives that can be any combination of connectors and springs and shoes that reduce pre travel, lighten break, and shorten reset without compromising safety. You know, the standard good stuff. Also, as a recovering seismic flincher in anticipation of recoil, the rolling breaks are usually better for me. I also don't want to run the risk of any light strikes. (Might be asking for too much lol) Going to tag a few people that I think might have some insight as to the level of performance and speed I want to maintain with changing this stuff up. @Mr_White , @GJM, @Prdator , @AsianJedi

What have you guys found that works?

Thanks in advance!

Mark
    I have never met a person who can consistently, on demand shoot sub 2.0 clean Bill drills from concealment, so that be a bodacious level of ability and has almost nothing to do with a trigger. Pick any relevant service pistol and carry on.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have never met a person who can consistently, on demand shoot sub 2.0 clean Bill drills from concealment, so that be a bodacious level of ability and has almost nothing to do with a trigger. Pick any relevant service pistol and carry on.
    Yeah - it was pretty exciting yesterday to say the least. Have you tried the SWITCH trigger?

Site Supporter
    Glock guy since 1990. 5.5 Trigger Return Spring and OEM "-" Connector. I too eschew any aftermarket trigger parts. It is worth having a few of the connectors around because some "feel" a bit "better" than others when placed in a particular gun.

edited to add from a similar inquiry a few months back

"I have been shooting Glocks since 1990. The most reliable, repeatable triggers I have had and used came with the 5.5 TRS with a "minus" connector, a dab of grease/lub on the bearing surfaces and thousands of dry fires/live fires. Move away from this formula, particularly with non OEM parts or parts that get "polished" to the point that metal is removed at your own peril.

It is not a 1911 trigger and is never going to be. If that is driving your train then 1. get a 1911 or 2. consider the offerings of Apex for the M&P."

Be safe and well all.

YMMV Greatly.
    david of vcdgrips.com
    Last edited by vcdgrips; 04-23-2018 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    I personally do not trust any aftermarket connectors, triggers/trigger bars, trigger housing units, firing pin safeties, firing pin safety springs, or firing pins. Nor do I trust those same modified OEM parts (new hole drilled, trigger changed to have less pre travel, etc.), other than cherry picking parts that work a little more nicely and polishing them.
    This.
    #RESIST

Not to be part of the echo chamber, but I've been shooting Glocks darned near since the day the first one landed in a LGS in my neck of the woods way back before electricity. I have never found I needed anything besides stock trigger components - and only on a VERY few occasions have I even bothered to switch stock parts. The Glock trigger is perfectly workable for what it's designed to be - a defensive handgun.

Uber light, short, crisp triggers belong on pistols with manual safeties, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    You obviously don’t post pictures of your guns on Instagram.
    What is this "Instagram" you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    What is this "Instagram" you speak of?
    It is a world of very expensive and deceitful things... I bought them all - they made me more interested in playing with the fancy stuff.. this caused me to get better. Now I am reverting back to the basics since the skills have been acquired and lessons learned. Expensive lessons they were.

PensFan
    Generally speaking, trigger assemblies that remove the pretravel out of Glocks often compromise in part or in full the trigger safety, firing pin safety, and drop safeties in the gun. Especially those that pin or modify the OEM trigger shoe. Most with aftermarket shoes have solid trigger safeties but still position the drop safety off the shelf of the housing. The perceived benefit doesn't outweigh the negatives IMO.

User Tag List