Thread: S&W e Series Barrel/Slide Fit Question

S&W e Series Barrel/Slide Fit Question

I bought the full size all stainless e Series a week ago, and it’s been flawless in terms of performance. I did just notice that the top barrel lug is easily visible when in battery, however. The shop is closed tomorrow, and none of my other 1911 pistols look this way. Any opinions that might satisfy my OCD? LOL!
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  43.2 KB
Views: 210
Size:  39.6 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    I bought the full size all stainless e Series a week ago, and it’s been flawless in terms of performance. I did just notice that the top barrel lug is easily visible when in battery, however. The shop is closed tomorrow, and none of my other 1911 pistols look this way. Any opinions that might satisfy my OCD? LOL!
Views: 246
Size:  43.2 KB
Views: 210
Size:  39.6 KB
    Looks like they just opened the ejection port up.

Yeah... I googled some pics of the same pistol, and most looked like mine. Smith &Wesson says that the used high speed photography to optimize the ejection port, but it looks odd. The pistol shoots tight groups out to 25 yards, and my wife and I shot a few hundred rounds with a hiccup. I should be getting a Dawson FO front sight in the mail tomorrow, and that will make shooting much better. I have been carrying the pistol OWB for the past 6 days, and it’s not any more noticeable than my lightweight commanders. I traded all of my 5” 1911’s last year, so I just had to get this one.

I know some Colts and some custom guns have that forward ejection port scallop to allow easier ejection of live rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I know some Colts and some custom guns have that forward ejection port scallop to allow easier ejection of live rounds.
    I just went upstairs, and my Colt 1911’s have a HUGE gap between the top of the barrel hood/lug, and the front of the scalloped ejection port! I never noticed that before...?????

User Tag List