Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Antioch Waffle House Hero: James Shaw, Jr.

Site Supporter
    Well they caught the evil pile of human garbage. Hopefully he gets the death penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Well they caught the evil pile of human garbage. Hopefully he gets the death penalty.
    Surprised the cowardly douche didn't just do the job himself...or engage the police so they could do it for him.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Unlikely. He will be deemed crazy and therefore not executed. Quite possibly just put in a mental ward cause he doesn’t understand what he did. Till the next round of budget cuts sets him free. All cured and safe of course.

Wonder what will come if his dad? Hopefully he gets some charges tossed his way, but I won’t be holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Unlikely. He will be deemed crazy and therefore not executed. Quite possibly just put in a mental ward cause he doesn’t understand what he did. Till the next round of budget cuts sets him free. All cured and safe of course.

Wonder what will come if his dad? Hopefully he gets some charges tossed his way, but I won’t be holding my breath.
    Wonder if he was On/Just off SSRI drugs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    Wonder if he was On/Just off SSRI drugs?
    He didn't like the waffles.

(sorry for the poor taste comment)

I may be wrong here, but it seems I've only been hearing about the "hero" and the "villain" and virtually nothing about the victims.

I realize it's a feel good story for the media regarding the protagonist in the event...but normally I see a lot more coverage regarding those whose lives were cut short.

I find it somewhat disturbing...but as I say, I haven't been glued to the TV.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Would the Waffle House Hero, who defended the surviving customers by snatching the assailant's rifle away, still be a hero if he were an Armed Private Citizen and had simply shot the wacko? Or would he be under investigation for violating the Waffle House gun free zone?

He would surely be pilloried by the media for "taking the law into his own hands" and demonstrated against by S.W.I.N.E. (Al Capp's Students Wildly Indignant about Nearly Everything.)
    Too lazy (actually busy) right now to search it and give you a citation but I’m like 95% sure TN has a law that even if you don’t have a licsense to carry and it is only discovered because you used the hand gun in a legitimate defense situation it is at least a defense to prosecution. Give me some time and I will try to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by jrm View Post
    Too lazy (actually busy) right now to search it and give you a citation but I’m like 95% sure TN has a law that even if you don’t have a licsense to carry and it is only discovered because you used the hand gun in a legitimate defense situation it is at least a defense to prosecution. Give me some time and I will try to find it.
    Tenn. Code Ann. § 39-17-1322 reads:

(a) A person shall not be charged with or convicted of a violation under this part if the person possessed, displayed or employed a handgun in justifiable self-defense or in justifiable defense of another during the commission of a crime in which that person or the other person defended was a victim.
    (b) A person who discharges a firearm within the geographical limits of a municipality shall not be deemed to have violated any ordinance in effect or be subject to any citation or fine the municipality may impose for discharging a firearm within the limits of the municipality if it is determined that when the firearm was discharged the person was acting in justifiable self-defense, defense of property, defense of another, or to prevent a criminal offense from occurring.
    Note section (a), which reads "A person shall not be charged with or convicted of a violation under this part if the person possessed . . ." The quoted statute is found in Part 17, which is the portion of Title 39 which defines weapons offenses in Tennessee. Note that this is not legal advice or a suggestion of a course of action, but simply a posting of what the law in Tennessee says and where that law is found.

Do Waffle House's have no firearm signs?

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    Do Waffle House's have no firearm signs?
    Yes. It’s usually oddly placed outside and is within their other rules on the placard.

Attachment 25702
    Last edited by HCountyGuy; 04-23-2018 at 06:46 PM.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

User Tag List