Thread: Gel wound tracks.

Gel wound tracks.

What relevance, if any, does the wound or damage tracks have in gel? I personally haven’t paid much attention to them, instead focusing on the depth of penetration and recovered diameter of the bullet. I have also seen FBI and DHS testing reports and have never seen anything reported on the wound track.

On the other hand, some will try to describe and dissect the track in an effort to evaluate the performance of a bullet, it certainly makes for an entertaining YouTube video but seems to me like reading tea leaves.

It’s also been used to “prove” the performance of the new style of “screwdriver” bullets that use some type of “fluid technology”.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    What relevance, if any, does the wound or damage tracks have in gel? I personally haven’t paid much attention to them, instead focusing on the depth of penetration and recovered diameter of the bullet. I have also seen FBI and DHS testing reports and have never seen anything reported on the wound track.

On the other hand, some will try to describe and dissect the track in an effort to evaluate the performance of a bullet, it certainly makes for an entertaining YouTube video but seems to me like reading tea leaves.

It’s also been used to “prove” the performance of the new style of “screwdriver” bullets that use some type of “fluid technology”.
    Honestly, I prefer to look at the hole left in the person or animal. It has been more informative than gel, for me.

User Tag List