Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Must watch/listen w/ Darryl Bolke and Chuck Haggard

I've been binge watching episodes of CCR ever since I found this thread. Awesome stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Thanks for posting: this podcast just got bumped up to the top of my list. Wiil consume, within 24-48...
    Yeah, I know. I’m quoting myself. But only because that podcast was an excellent listen.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    Downloading right now to listen to on the way to work tomorrow.
    ^^^Ditto. Looking forward to it.

------------

FYI, don't miss the other excellent CCR episodes featuring PF members...

#004 Wayne Dobbs
    #005 Craig Douglas
    #008 Darryl Bolke
    #014 Chuck Haggard
    #020 Tom Givens
    #023 Gabe White
    #024 Dr. Sherman A. House
    #034 Cecil Burch
    #049 Ernest Langdon

And I probably missed a couple. All well worth a listen.

I listened to it a couple of nights ago......turned off the tv and laid on the love seat listening and dry firing a G17.

My wife was in the other room but could hear the commentary. She came in the room I was in and commented "Those two guys sound just like you!" as far as explaining how policing has changed and how our recruits today aren't the same recruits of yesteryear.

I took it as a compliment.

Recently, a coworker put me in for some silly award due to my assisting other officers with their shooting (for free) and for helping them assemble ARs after the last election. I also install a lot of sights for the guys at work for gratis so this guy wrote up a nice letter commending me for it. The brass took one look at the words "AR-15, shooting instruction" etc. and blew a gasket. The mentality was that such award presentations are done at the city council meetings (aired on local media) and "how would that look?"

A cop? Into shooting and assembling EBRs? And actually practicing firearms?

The horror......the absolute horror.

Guess who's award was quickly squashed? Truthfully, that made me happy on the inside that they know I'm not the soft type and the fact that it caused some heartburn among the brass made me grin.

Knowing me, I probably wouldn't have shown up to the council meeting anyway as it is after my work hours.

Regards.

The best award I never got.....put in for a medal of valor by a witnessing sergeant. It was squashed by a Lt. who despised me. He called me in to inform me that he was squashing the award because “we don’t give out medals for shooting people”. Well, if it takes getting shot to get one, I didn’t want one for getting second place. The picture I have of that shitbag felon with my shot placement is absolutely more than enough, and not having to go to a funeral for the Sergeant (who also hated me) who’s life I saved. He actually thanked me for saving his life like ten years later....
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

My first time hearing the podcast, or these gentlemen. I was totally impressed by all.
    Last edited by Bill Lance; 04-24-2018 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Spelling.��

And now I know how to grow a proper Tactical Santa beard. 5 eggs a day, with yolks.

I've now listened to this twice. Non-stop gems by DB and Chuck. I make it a point to listen/watch all of their stuff, and it's always excellent information, but this one was exceptional, IMO.

Good stuff, thanks to DB and Chuck for sharing their wisdom.

Took two days to get enough "me" time to watch it, but definitely a great interview.

User Tag List