Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 42. Go or no go?

Glock 42. Go or no go?

Asking from a functionality standpoint.

I'm intrigued by this little blaster and have done the research on the forum, looking to gain a bit more current thought/experience on this pistol. I really want to try to about any known issues if I can based on getting a current production sample. I know the early ones had some early issues and to look for mag followed with an 03. Anything else...?

Any resource on line where I can get aquainted with the current serial number prefix for recent production pistols in this case?

Thanks in advance!

Drew

I picked up one for my wife and with quality ball ammo it runs like other Glocks. I was so impressed with it I picked another one up with the annual GSSF blue label coupon. Cannot advise on serial numbers. If you research the ballistics I believe this caliber is best with ball type ammo for penetration. Another attribute is these little pistols are amazingly accurate due to low recoil I suspect.

Site Supporter
    ABESxxx serial, 4/2015 date on test cartridge envelope. It’s a go for us, especially with an SCD. Grip is tiny compared to my G26, but my wife has small hands. It fits her perfectly, and I can adapt down better than she can adapt up. She can run everything about it confidently. We are picking up our daughter from college this week, after graduation. She’s getting one I have on layaway for her when we get home: last summer, she ran mom’s gun better than anything else centerfire we tried. Got an SCD sitting here waiting for me to bring it home.

For me, they’re accurate and easy to shoot (easier than similarly sized and thickness 9mm pistols), thin and light and easy to conceal.

I had one, and got rid of it in late 2015. Mine shot well with European FMJ, but I struggled to find a niche for it. It's a very pleasant and accurate little handgun.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by K.Hungus View Post
    I had one, and got rid of it in late 2015. Mine shot well with European FMJ, but I struggled to find a niche for it. It's a very pleasant and accurate little handgun.

LOL. For us, that *is* it’s niche. Who knows, maybe I got yours!

I'm looking at it for my "lounge around" gun, my exceptionally low threat, toss it in my pocket pistol.

I only shoot Glock anyway, can put the same ameriglo sights on it, keep my platform consistent across all my pistol needs. That's my thought anyway.

Buy a current manufacture one, that incorporates the mods done after year one or two. Perhaps the best shooting small pocket pistol there is.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    LOL. For us, that *is* it’s niche. Who knows, maybe I got yours!
    I'm probably going to pick another one up. [emoji16]

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Buy a current manufacture one, that incorporates the mods done after year one or two. Perhaps the best shooting small pocket pistol there is.
    This. I got one of the first ones shipped—MLK day, post SHOT, first 400 serial—and it wasn’t all that reliable. I let it lie for a few years, and then got my wife one of the current production guns, and its been great. Box stock, save for recent gadgeting, and it feeds any ball or XTP conical jhp load I’ve run through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    This. I got one of the first ones shipped—MLK day, post SHOT, first 400 serial—and it wasn’t all that reliable. I let it lie for a few years, and then got my wife one of the current production guns, and its been great. Box stock, save for recent gadgeting, and it feeds any ball or XTP conical jhp load I’ve run through it.
    My early gun feeds FMJ reliably, but has recently had issues feeding the first round of XTP from a full mag. Purchased the most up to date mags and still have issues.

For now we keep it loaded with Lawman ball ammo. Plan to take it to Glock Smyrna soon to have them look at it.

User Tag List