Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 42. Go or no go?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Buy a current manufacture one, that incorporates the mods done after year one or two. Perhaps the best shooting small pocket pistol there is.
    I’m at around 1,200 rds (0 malfunctions) through mine. The easiest pocket pistol to hit with, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew78 View Post
    Asking from a functionality standpoint.

I'm intrigued by this little blaster and have done the research on the forum, looking to gain a bit more current thought/experience on this pistol. I really want to try to about any known issues if I can based on getting a current production sample. I know the early ones had some early issues and to look for mag followed with an 03. Anything else...?

Any resource on line where I can get aquainted with the current serial number prefix for recent production pistols in this case?

Thanks in advance!

Drew
    To answer your question, the G42 is a "Go".

If you have just a wee bit more space, do a G43 instead.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

I have a 43 already, and I love it. It's just a tad too big and too heavy for pant pocket carry.

Site Supporter
    Mine was made in 2016 and had numerous failure to feeds. Sometimes it wouldn't pick up the next round in the mag after firing/cycling. It's currently at Glock.

Hopefully they fix it because I want to like it. So far the only reliable .380 pistol I've owned has been a Ruger LCP. The two P232s I had both were troubled guns.
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 04-22-2018 at 04:32 PM.

Hammertime
    I have an early model and 2016 model. Both tore through 2000 round endurance tests with all kinds ammo, no cleaning, and no lube no malfunctions other than a dead primer.

I consider them very good to go.

Thanks to all who took the time to respond, I appreciate the feedback!

Drew

I am only up to 270 rounds so far with mine. One failure to feed in the first 50 rounds. Probably junk WWB ammo. Doing well since then. I am amazed how easy the little gun is to shoot. It's fun to hose with, too. I say it's a go.

I just bought a grey frame one today ADxxxx. I had one of the early ones. Sold it. Always missed it because they shoot really well. So many guns I’ve been wanting to add so I’m working down the list.

My wife has both G43's and a G42. We tried a huge selection of 380 loads in the G42, plus a lot more that we just bought for practice, and it's been 100% reliable. I actually prefer shooting it far more than her G43's. I also prefer it to her LCP's, though I shoot the LCP well. The Glock feels better in my hand and has very low recoil. It's very accurate, though not any more accurate than the LCP's. My wife actually shoots her LCP's better than the G42! Go figure. I cannot ay the same for me.

My ability to shoot really well with the G43 9mm seems to change from range trip to range trip, even if it's the following day! With the G42 I do not have that issue. I don't like the 380 cartridge, but I much prefer shooting the G42. It's a fun little pistol. We spend a lot of time on I-17 and in the Phoenix Metropolitan area, and not always the best neighborhoods. Because of likely scenarios, I won't carry either pistol, but always carry a full size pistol with a J frame as backup. I still prefer the J frame as a BUG to the G42, so for me, I cannot find a reason to own one, even though I thoroughly enjoy shooting it. The J frame also gives me the ability to switch to shot cartridges when I'm rucking, as we have quite a few rattlers around here.

The G42 is small, easy to shoot, accurate, and fun. If you try one, you'll like it. It's by far my favorite Glock!

If you need to wear a tucked in shirt, and pocket carry in business appropriate pants, the 42 is about the best option going.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List