Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: legit advice on modifications?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    It's been awhile, but if I recall correctly, the military armorer's manual for the M9 has a pull spec, including detailed description of the approved measurement procedure.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Mas View Post
    I'm surprised to hear that, David. They usually cover that in the factory armorer's school. Alas, I have never been to Beretta armorer's school.
    Mas,

It was a surprise to me too.

I asked about the same question in another thread and here's the response that Ernest Langdon gave when I asked him. P-F members PX4 Storm Tracker and SD Storm, who both have significant experience with the platform, were also unaware of a "duty spec." I've PM'd you Beretta Customer Service's response to my inquiry, but they also said there's no standard spec.

Cheers,
    David
    Last edited by David S.; 07-13-2018 at 06:08 PM.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Mas,

It was a surprise to me too.

I asked about the same question in another thread and here's the response that Ernest Langdon gave when I asked him. P-F members PX4 Storm Tracker and SD Storm, who both have significant experience with the platform, were also unaware of a "duty spec." I've PM'd you Beretta Customer Service's response to my inquiry, but they also said there's no standard spec.

Cheers,
    David
    Unfortunately, trigger pull weights are not reliable measurements sometimes.
    If a pistol is very dirty, lacks lubrication or has parts that have worn in, trigger pull weight can be affected and yet the hammer strike delivered to the firing pin plunger would be equal.
    The companies will determine how hard the firing pin will be hit as a standard. But, this is not necessarily indicated in trigger pull weight.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    It's been awhile, but if I recall correctly, the military armorer's manual for the M9 has a pull spec, including detailed description of the approved measurement procedure.
    Do a search for "ARMY TM 9-1005-317-23" to find this document in PDF.

Page 0017 00-2 has the trigger pull test.

Specs are:
    4.1 to 6.5 lb for SA
    9.6 to 16.5 lb for DA

This is a post-maintenance function check, so it is intended to be done with everything thoroughly clean and appropriately lubed, and any operational/component issues already corrected.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 07-13-2018 at 08:28 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

What are the official minimum "Duty Use" trigger weight specifications (double action and single action) for of the G model PX4 and PX4 Compact?

Thanks,
    David S
    Hello David:

Thank you for contacting Beretta Customer Support.

I have spoken with our Product Management team and the engineers. There is no trigger weight specifications because the firearm is developed to meet NATO specifications of firing pin indent depth. The trigger weight can vary dramatically to achieve the proper indent depth on the primer of a spent casing. Since there is a linear correlation between trigger weight and indent depth when the depth needs to be slightly adjusted the trigger weight can go up or down depending on the depth of the primer indent. Thus we have not set trigger weight specifications or weight range specifications.

Furthermore, minimum and maximum trigger weights would be set via a contract and not by us. Meaning if the military or other agency was to purchase a new duty weapon they could specify in the contract that the trigger weight cannot be below a certain weight or above a certain weight. However, the indent depth need to met for these contract and we would test weight prior to shipping under these circumstances. This would be the only use for the minimum "Duty Use" trigger weight specification and since the indent depth of the primer is the more important of the two specifications that is what we use.

Best regards,

Beretta Customer Support
    Last edited by David S.; 07-13-2018 at 08:18 PM.
    David S.

I really think your focus on "duty" pull weight is misplaced. Think about it instead as stock v. modified at the user level. If your concern is over legal ramifications, you should NOT expect any sort of nuanced or articulable argument being a safe bet in a court room. All the prosecutor has to say is user modified, and no explanation of pull weight or articulating trigger control is gonna 100% undo that. Wanna avoid that? Don't modify your gun from stock in any mechanical way, simple.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Moved to Reference Section.

A recent case made me think of this thread and the Punisher engraving thread again.

I can't/won't comment on it publicly much at this point, but a case that I believe to be a clear self defense shooting is pending prosecutorial decision. The prosecutor has specifically requested trigger pull weight prior to making a final determination. The shooter did not claim an unintended discharge and did provide a statement that they intended to shoot the decedent.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List