Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M&P 15-22 OOB lost extractor

M&P 15-22 OOB lost extractor

Had a OOB on my M&P 15-22 this afternoon. Of course, right after I sighted in my new Primary Arms RDS on it...

So my extractor and pin disappeared into the nether somewhere. I found the spring.

Anyone know where I can get a replacement assembly?

PSA:

Stay away from Remington Golden, I knew better, but I still have a bunch (normally I only use it in revolvers) but I ran out of Automatch right after sighting in and I wanted to fire a few more rounds...

Site Supporter
    From Brownell's.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter View Post
    Stay away from Remington Golden,
    Can't be stated enough if you have an autoloader. They're horrible.

Try CCI standard velocity or Mini-Mags if you want a cleaner and more accurate round than Automatch. I like the Mini-Mags for the copper washed bullet. I haven't personally used any but my fellow Appleseed instructors on that forum speak highly of CCI's AR Tactical ammo as being even cleaner than Mini-Mags.

I left a scathing message with s&w yesterday about this same issue! Its not just us. My parts are lying in the desert somewhere.
    Last edited by Westtexasrancher; 04-22-2018 at 05:29 AM.

I had a similar event with mine. Called S&W - they sent a shipping label to have the rifle returned. In about two weeks it was back, all repaired, and two extra mags in the box for good measure.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I had a similar event with mine. Called S&W - they sent a shipping label to have the rifle returned. In about two weeks it was back, all repaired, and two extra mags in the box for good measure.
    Whole rifle?

If whole rifle, did you strip it of optics and such or just throw it in the box?

I guess there is no chance they would just ship me the parts?

Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter View Post
    Whole rifle?

If whole rifle, did you strip it of optics and such or just throw it in the box?

I guess there is no chance they would just ship me the parts?
    I just took the H1 off it - I knew where it was mounted and it gave me an excuse to shoot some more when it came back. Other than the RDS, it was pretty much stock, so nothing else to worry about. S&W said they wanted the whole rifle to make sure there was no other damage to it - so I guess they gave the whole rifle the once over.

This was more than 5 years back, not sure how they're handling this now.

A very well known issue with the 15-22. The manuals used to specifically warn against the Remington Golden Bullet. Contact S&W CS.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Lomshek View Post
    Can't be stated enough if you have an autoloader. They're horrible.

Try CCI standard velocity or Mini-Mags if you want a cleaner and more accurate round than Automatch. I like the Mini-Mags for the copper washed bullet. I haven't personally used any but my fellow Appleseed instructors on that forum speak highly of CCI's AR Tactical ammo as being even cleaner than Mini-Mags.
    I have both of the others and I have tried the AR Tactical. I liked it but it is easier for me to find the Automatch locally. I have to go to Academy to find the AR Tactical rounds. No LGS or Wally World carries it.

I have fairly significant stash of Remington Golden that I accumulated when that was pretty much the only recommended round for the AA conversion. I won't be buying any more and won't be using it in any autos anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    A very well known issue with the 15-22. The manuals used to specifically warn against the Remington Golden Bullet. Contact S&W CS.
    I'll definitely give them a buzz tomorrow. They were very helpful with my Model 63 a couple of months ago that needed a chamfer on the forcing cone, at it works great now.

User Tag List