Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just broke a resizing die stem (Redding)

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I am guessing so. I reckon that I'll call Redding tomorrow, hope they don't take too long.
    #RESIST

Filled out an RMA report on their website last night, no word yet.
    #RESIST

I've got several sets of Hornady dies and the decapping stem is bent on every one of them. Not a straight one in the bunch. The weak point is where the "cap" for the decapping pin itself screws onto the stem. It's a weak point and bends. Stick with Redding...

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    I've got several sets of Hornady dies and the decapping stem is bent on every one of them. Not a straight one in the bunch. The weak point is where the "cap" for the decapping pin itself screws onto the stem. It's a weak point and bends. Stick with Redding...
    Still haven't heard back from Redding.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Still haven't heard back from Redding.
    I suggest calling them at 607/753-3331 during EDT business hours as they are located in New York State.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    I suggest calling them at 607/753-3331 during EDT business hours as they are located in New York State.
    Yup, that's the plan this morning, I'm in the same time zone. I emailed them at the address provided on Sunday night with lots of pictures. I'm surprised that Cuomo hasn't ran them out of the state yet.
    #RESIST

Buy a new stem or is this the perfect time to buy Hornady dies with 100 free bullets?

https://www.brownells.com/reloading/...8%2bWinchester

https://www.hornady.com/corporate/pr...et-loaded-2018
    Funny timing, as I just got off of the phone this morning with both Hornady and RCBS to troubleshoot an issue I'm having. My short response is that both companies have been stellar so far in regards to support. RCBS has in the past sent me a replacement stem and pins when I came across a BASTAGE piece of brass with an off-center flash hole. They're also currently sending out to me a replacement spring-loaded stem (?) to fix an odd problem I'm having with CCI primers sticking to the pin.

I'll certainly continue to support both companies...
    Last edited by ER_STL; 04-25-2018 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ER_STL View Post
    Funny timing, as I just got off of the phone this morning with both Hornady and RCBS to troubleshoot an issue I'm having. My short response is that both companies have been stellar so far in regards to support. RCBS has in the past sent me a replacement stem and pins when I came across a BASTAGE piece of brass with an off-center flash hole. They're also currently sending out to me a replacement spring-loaded stem (?) to fix an odd problem I'm having with CCI primers sticking to the pin.

I'll certainly continue to support both companies...
    Totally agree. All reloaders need to call the Hornady 1-800 number and listen to the menu options. They are a riot!

I've had RCBS send stuff on multiple occasions from nothing more than an email question. I throw in a 5 pack of decapping pins on almost every Midway order out of guilt now. And Redding polished a profile crimp die free of charge when it measured in tolerance, plus the guy I was conversing with was the one that took it to the shop and actually did the work. When I got it back, it worked perfectly for my oversize cast bullets.

I wish the reloading equipment industry would teach CS in throughout this country because I've never seen better CS.

I have

Then I discovered Squirrel Daddy replacement pins, I strongly recommend them.
    Well, I didn't break my 223 decapping pin but I did bend the crap out of it this weekend.

Squirrel Daddy pins ordered....

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

A bit of official info on how to set the decapping rod tension.

User Tag List