Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint Pro Question and potential issue

Aimpoint Pro Question and potential issue

I purchased my Aimpoint pro from brownells in Nov of 2016. I have not turned it off since I received it. I noticed a few months back it was very dim even on the brightest setting and I couldn’t see the dot outdoors. I changed the battery and it went back to normal. It’s been 4 months and the same thing happened. The dot wasn’t visible in a dark room until setting 6. Thinking I maybe got a bad batch of batteries I put another brand new battery in it. Now it’s visible indoors again but still isn’t as bright as I remember before.

In a pitch black room the dot isn’t visible until setting 3. Is this normal?

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    1-5 are Nightvision settings
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    1-5 are Nightvision settings
    Lol well that’s reassuring. Any thoughts on the batteries crapping out so much? Before I changed them the dot was barely visible on the highest setting.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Lol well that’s reassuring. Any thoughts on the batteries crapping out so much? Before I changed them the dot was barely visible on the highest setting.
    I'd call Aimpoint and ask them
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Mine does the same. Battery is really only good for about 3 months on like setting 7 or 8. Starts to dim out after that.

I’ve had the same battery in mine since 09/2016 and it’s still going strong on setting 6.

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    Mine does the same. Battery is really only good for about 3 months on like setting 7 or 8. Starts to dim out after that.
    That is definitely not the norm. Aimpoint lists 30,000 continuous hours on setting 7. You should be getting 3.42 years at that setting, not 3 months. I'd give them a call for sure, or try a different brand/batch of batteries if you haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    That is definitely not the norm. Aimpoint lists 30,000 continuous hours on setting 7. You should be getting 3.42 years at that setting, not 3 months. I'd give them a call for sure, or try a different brand/batch of batteries if you haven't.
    Honestly, it doesn't bother me, I store it off now. 3 months is still pretty good in the grand scheme of things.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    I purchased my Aimpoint pro from brownells in Nov of 2016. I have not turned it off since I received it. I noticed a few months back it was very dim even on the brightest setting and I couldn’t see the dot outdoors. I changed the battery and it went back to normal. It’s been 4 months and the same thing happened. The dot wasn’t visible in a dark room until setting 6. Thinking I maybe got a bad batch of batteries I put another brand new battery in it. Now it’s visible indoors again but still isn’t as bright as I remember before.

In a pitch black room the dot isn’t visible until setting 3. Is this normal?
    What batteries are you using ? I stick with Duracells.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    What batteries are you using ? I stick with Duracells.
    I am using Duracell as well. I’ve put a new one in and I’m going to check it more often now and see if the problem comes up again.

User Tag List