Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VLTOR A5

I’m not that impressed with the A5 kits I have on my 16” BCM and 16” DD. I actually prefer just a standard mil-spec buffer spring/H2 buffer.

I swapped out my standard A5H2 (5.2oz) buffers for the A5H1 (4.6 oz) buffers because there was more felt recoil at the shoulder and more visible dip through my optic when the BCG returned to battery with the standard 5.2oz buffer.
    Shoot more, post less...

Most of the carbine buffer talk I have read is about some forms of increasing buffer weight or slowing the cycle down. I have played with carbine through H2 buffer weights in my 6920 I don't see a change in overall felt or perceived recoil. What I see and feel is as the buffer weight goes up the cycle slows and the muzzle lifts more. I shoot the rifle a little faster with a carbine buffer as it stays flatter but is more violent. What does the heavier buffer do if a rifle functions fine with all of the various buffer weights?

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    Most of the carbine buffer talk I have read is about some forms of increasing buffer weight or slowing the cycle down. I have played with carbine through H2 buffer weights in my 6920 I don't see a change in overall felt or perceived recoil. What I see and feel is as the buffer weight goes up the cycle slows and the muzzle lifts more. I shoot the rifle a little faster with a carbine buffer as it stays flatter but is more violent. What does the heavier buffer do if a rifle functions fine with all of the various buffer weights?
    I notice the same and I notice a more pronounced dip when the BCG closes when using buffers > H2 weight. H2 weight buffers are my go to in everything except my KAC SR-15. That one runs a H buffer because it won’t lock back with a H2 when using weaker .223 ammo. Everything else I own runs H2/.223 with no issue. 5.56 obviously works fine as well.
    Shoot more, post less...

User Tag List