Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shopping for 1.5" dress gun belt...recommendations?

Question Shopping for 1.5" dress gun belt...recommendations?

I'm wanting a black 1-1/2" dress gun belt. I have 2 now--a black Hank's that is too big (not very dressy either), and a brown AlienGear with steel insert which I really like. AlienGear no longer sells them and referred me to Big Dog Gunbelts. What maker do you like?
    Last edited by 52Hubcap; 05-25-2018 at 10:20 PM.

Milt Sparks
    Snug Rosen

Site Supporter
    JRC, I have two and two more due soon.

+1 for JRC He can make it as nice as you want. http://jrcholsters.com/index.php/acc...s/custom-belts
    Last edited by UNK; 05-25-2018 at 11:57 PM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I have several Mitch Rosen belts, and have been quite pleased.

Site Supporter
    I wear my plain black Beltman gun belt with suits. It doesn't really look any different than the "suit belts" I've owned in the past except for being thicker.

Chris

Site Supporter
    I have used Beltman belts for years with suits with no problems. I usually use a 1 1/4 inch for dress and the 1.5 for more casual wear.
    Polite Professional

Milt Sparks and Mitch Rosen make outstanding belts (and holsters). I have multiples of each, and bought my first Milt Sparks belt in the late 70s, early 80s. All have been perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by 52Hubcap View Post
    I'm wanting a black 1-1/2" dress gun belt. I have 2 now--a black Hank's that is too big (not very dressy either), and a brown AlienGear with steel insert which I really like. AlienGear no longer sells them and referred me to Big Dog Gunbelts. What maker do you like?
    Alien Gear probably referred you to "Bigfoot" gun belts since they own the company and the belts are identical to the old AG belts. It depends on what and how you carry when using a dressier belt. If you like the ratcheting type (1/4 inch adjustments) there is Anson or KORE, both are ok for medium duty. I've heard good things about the SuperBio gun belt from Daltech. If you're carrying IWB or AIWB you might find a belt that's less sturdy than the old thick reinforced belts like Bigfoot work better.

His thread needs some @SouthNarc in it.
    David S.

User Tag List