Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XS F8 Sights - experiences?

XS F8 Sights - experiences?

I'm considering a set for a G17. I have Trijicon HDs but I'm curious about the "stack the dots" feature of the F8s with the single tritium insert on the rear. I wonder if they will be faster especially for vertical alignment.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    I started a thread asking about the new XS F8 sights but got no response. No one uses them?
    I am playing with a set. I'll have more thoughts in a few range sessions.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    I am playing with a set. I'll have more thoughts in a few range sessions.
    Subscribed...look forward to your observations.

Anything on these? I’m considering a PPS M2 that has these from the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    I'm considering a set for a G17. I have Trijicon HDs but I'm curious about the "stack the dots" feature of the F8s with the single tritium insert on the rear. I wonder if they will be faster especially for vertical alignment.
    I can't speak specifically about the F8's, but for me, it's naturally easier/quicker to align two "somethings" vertically than three horizontally. That was also true back when I had perfect vision using the rear white line or square/ front dot type on the 92FS and P229.

Personal preference, of course, but I think that may be related to an individual's spacial perception rather than one style being inherently faster or better.
    Last edited by critter; 06-06-2018 at 01:56 PM.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

XS F8 Sights - experiences?

Wow, those sights look truly awful to me. They have the largest notch I’ve ever seen.

About the dots: I do not find rear landmarks of any type helpful in sight alignment during daylight shooting. Stuff on the rear is distracting. In low light, I prefer three dot sights.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 06-06-2018 at 02:13 PM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

I think I liked these better when they were called, “Trijicon HD’s.” The first Gen ones (although I don’t like them being sharp).

civiliandefender.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    I think I liked these better when they were called, “Trijicon HD’s.” The first Gen ones (although I don’t like them being sharp).

civiliandefender.com
    Yes, me too. Except the opposite [emoji2]. I hated the HDs.

Sights are much like underwear...what works great for me might be awful for you. Some folks might like THAT much light around the front sight, but I sure don’t.

civiliandefender.com

I think there’s a point where if your vision is so poor that you think you need Big Dot sights, you really should consider a RDS or a laser.

User Tag List