Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XS F8 Sights - experiences?

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I think there’s a point where if your vision is so poor that you think you need Big Dot sights, you really should consider a RDS or a laser.
    I figure I’m 10 years from an RDS!

civiliandefender.com

Since I started this thread, I installed a set of Ameriglo CAP sights on a new G19 Gen5. MUCH brighter than the Trijicon HDs I have on two other guns. The CAP sight square front works well. The rear has a paint strip under the notch for fast alignment which works well. If Dave Spaulding designed it, it gets my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I think there’s a point where if your vision is so poor that you think you need Big Dot sights, you really should consider a RDS or a laser.
    Hey now... This thread is about the F8's ... you Big Dot Bigots! j/k

I don't really disagree. Pistol RDS's are improving but haven't 'arrived' yet. They're still a little on the fragile side. And by definition, they're red, which is yet another issue though not as pronounced as orange iron sight dots. Even so, I'll definitely consider going that route when they're a little more robust (and hopefully the mounts become more standardized). In the mean time, I can consistently land bullets in the black using the Big Dots -- most importantly without wearing corrective glasses (which Murphy dictates would be an almost guaranteed scenario in which I'd wind up, so I train for it). Looks like a ginormous fuzzy 8 but lines up easily enough.

I wouldn't mind a green laser.. with my Half Blind Holy Grail Big Dots as back up.

You young whippersnappers will get here eventually...
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

The yellow CAP's look great. I'll be giving those a try as well.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

User Tag List