Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger Blackhawk - Help Needed

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Jed View Post
    Hope you all don't mind, I thought this topic could use an additional photo of a Blackhawk. This is mine, a 45 Colt / 45 acp convertible, a Lipsey's model, which uses the slightly smaller "new model" frame. I added the Zebrawood stocks, which are a bit narrower and seem to give me better control when firing a bit faster than normal. I also added the Super Blackhawk hammer (which reduces the reach for my thumb to cock the hammer back).

Attachment 27119
    I like where this thread is going.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    Every American should have a single action revolver and a 1911. Probably in 45 caliber.
    And a Model 10.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    And a Model 10.
    Amen!

Site Supporter
    My .45 Colt New Model Vaquero is my companion when fooling around along field and stream. Ammo is factory duplication. The revolver must have been assembled by Ruger's best tech, and I'm fortunate to own it. While fishing, it rests on the ground in a holster. My hunting/fishing pardner's companion gun is a short barrel 10ga single shot. Two old guys with fudd guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Thanks Chuck.

PS hope you guys are doing ok. I was so saddened to see the devastation in Port Aransas last August from Hurricane Harvey. I would guess our RV Park where we were in Rockport was all but blown away.
    Thanks, Rich. We weathered it fine. Port A and Rockport took the brunt of that storm's landfall. They are rebuilding, but it will be a long process.

As an aside, if you ever decide to trek back through these parts, I've discovered the neatest little RV park near Mathis. Only negative is their 30.06/30.07 signs (sigh).

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    And a Model 10.
    Or a derivative. (Model 64 in the stable)
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Jed View Post
    Hope you all don't mind, I thought this topic could use an additional photo of a Blackhawk...
    Good enough, then. My 50th anniversary .357 flattop:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 06-18-2018 at 12:19 PM.

I bought some Bore Cleaner this weekend and had a go at cylinders. They turned out well.

Very relaxing session. I don’t think I’ve used this cleaner before, but it wasn’t expensive and smells...kinda nice actually.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post

I bought some Bore Cleaner this weekend and had a go at cylinders. They turned out well.

Very relaxing session. I don’t think I’ve used this cleaner before, but it wasn’t expensive and smells...kinda nice actually.
    Very early in our marriage, I was forbidden from ever using that cleaner in the house. Wife cannot stand it. ��

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Very early in our marriage, I was forbidden from ever using that cleaner in the house. Wife cannot stand it. ��
    You know it’s funny, I’d heard about Hoppe’s Number 9 smell being objectionable but honestly, it was not bad.

I hasten to add I’m not planning to put a dab behind my ears, but it wasn’t nearly as smelly as I guessed it would have been.

The label did say it contains Kerosene unless I’m mistaken, so I’ll be sure to use it in an open setting if not outdoors next time.

Ive always liked the smell of Hoppes No 9. Its what we used when I was a kid, and much of my life. I still use it for many cleaning chores, even if there may be better products for some purposes. Its one smell thats permanently associated with guns and shooting to me. I bought two large bottles from an old gunsmiths estate sale in the 70s and still have a bit left, besides what smaller ones Ive bought over the years.

User Tag List