Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tactical downside to opened loading port?

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I'd think the "gun mods" thread and previous one linked in it over in the Semi-Auto Pistol area would be relevant, if any social uses are contemplated.
    I don’t think that thread is very useful to this topic. Most of the advice was directed at trigger pull weight, sticking with OEM specs, and avoiding inflammatory decorations. This is no different than a permanent magwell. I’ve considered doing this with my 1301 as well since the gate has torn up my thumb, making subsequent loading not so fun.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

I'm not sure I like how exposed it leaves the lifter. The lifter is physically exposed to damage, dirt, and even snags, depending on just how much material is removed.

I feel like you're onto something with mag well funnels. A shotgun loading port funnel could do the job without having to remove any material (aside from fitment). I realize these already exist for IPSC shooters to load the tube with speedloaders, but I'm thinking of something less.. substantial.. than those funnels. Just a few millimeters of material to smooth-out the loading port.

Unless that creates actual structural or reliability issues I would not be opposed to it. However, I'm not an engineer.

Considering it for the first time, having just read the idea, I am not envisioning a negative - again, absent structural or relibility issues - based on the OP's description.

User Tag List