http://www.wsmv.com/story/38007558/g...ice-department

civiliandefender.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    This is NOT good.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/38007558/g...ice-department

civiliandefender.com
    Same as it ever was, only different...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sad, but nothing new. My agency has been down this road.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Nothing new. We've had, and have, criminal infiltrators in my department. But imagine if you will....the Feds telling background investigators, "Hey...that guy you're gonna hire? Don't. He's been to Syria and Afghanistan a dozen times." Now think about the ones that maybe didn't get caught.

That says something about their background investigation for hiring.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Poor background investigations lead to bad police officers. Every police officer my Dept fired had red flags in their background. The worst part is other depts hired people we passed on because depts don’t share info

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Poor background investigations lead to bad police officers. Every police officer my Dept fired had red flags in their background. The worst part is other depts hired people we passed on because depts don’t share info
    Isn't that the same protection as all prospective employees have? "Yes he/she worked here. No I can't discuss their employment history or reason they are no longer here." To be able to do so is a work around of a system that's not working, not a viable solution.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Double edged sword. “You need more diversity”, so agencies “adapt” their hiring standards and backgrounds to allow for more diversity and get crooks. The ENTIRE Rampart crap at LAPD was a result of hiring a couple gang members.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

There will always be some bad guys in the mix whether they started out that way before they were on the job, or got that way after getting the job.

The problem is that current policy and administrative failures keep allowing the cracks to continue getting wider.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Double edged sword. “You need more diversity”, so agencies “adapt” their hiring standards and backgrounds to allow for more diversity and get crooks. The ENTIRE Rampart crap at LAPD was a result of hiring a couple gang members.
    Exactly this. At some agencies (like mine) hiring decisions are largely removed from the departments control and given to city HR, because diversity is the single most important value. To an absolutely insane level. That's why the demographics of the applicant pool are carefully concealed.....they would be wildly out of whack with hiring, and would fit the snowflakes' own definitions of 'disparate impact'.

User Tag List