Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Police Infiltration by Gang in Music City USA

As mentioned, nothing new.

Before he retired from teaching, I worked with retired LAPD detective supervisor who had run a surveillance team out of their internal affairs bureau. A couple times, he talked at length about the actual guilty parties in the Rampart drama - Dennis Mack & Rafael Perez - as well as a number of other gang membbers the department had hired after '91. Surveillance on cops frequently meeting with individuals or groups of individuals who were high up in various continuing criminal enterprises that liked one color or another and not having valid reason for doing so. Conversations with the administrator above the bureau, some dude named Parks, didn't result in any hiring changes.

A while back went through some crime scene photos of gangsters. Found one that always makes me laugh - the guy is a cop at a nearby agency. We wouldn't hire him - for good reason. Also in that stack is gal who is high up in the billing department of a local hospital.

When I was stationed in South Texas, I was routinely asked to come do "tat checks" on USN and USAF trainees. I'd guess I find a hard core gang tatted trainee about once a month. In about four years, had several MS13 ID'd.

What the services did with these kids after the tats were ID'd was up to the respective commands, and I know for a fact that at least one kid with MS13 tats was allowed to go forward into military law enforcement as a career field...

Quote Originally Posted by Angus McFee View Post
    As mentioned, nothing new.

Before he retired from teaching, I worked with retired LAPD detective supervisor who had run a surveillance team out of their internal affairs bureau. A couple times, he talked at length about the actual guilty parties in the Rampart drama - Dennis Mack & Rafael Perez - as well as a number of other gang membbers the department had hired after '91. Surveillance on cops frequently meeting with individuals or groups of individuals who were high up in various continuing criminal enterprises that liked one color or another and not having valid reason for doing so. Conversations with the administrator above the bureau, some dude named Parks, didn't result in any hiring changes.

A while back went through some crime scene photos of gangsters. Found one that always makes me laugh - the guy is a cop at a nearby agency. We wouldn't hire him - for good reason. Also in that stack is gal who is high up in the billing department of a local hospital.
    We were well aware of Perez. He applied as a lateral at a neighboring agency and failed the poly miserably. Word on him leaked as it was unusual to get such a piece of crap as a lateral.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    When I was stationed in South Texas, I was routinely asked to come do "tat checks" on USN and USAF trainees. I'd guess I find a hard core gang tatted trainee about once a month. In about four years, had several MS13 ID'd.

What the services did with these kids after the tats were ID'd was up to the respective commands, and I know for a fact that at least one kid with MS13 tats was allowed to go forward into military law enforcement as a career field...
    Naval Investigative Service had an office near my place and they rode with our gang unit weekly to stay up on all the different identifiers. It was a huge issue in SoCal with sending bangers into the Marine Corps from both a training and then weapons smuggling standpoint.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    It was a huge issue in SoCal with sending bangers into the Marine Corps from both a training and then weapons smuggling standpoint.
    I can tell you that we had tons of fun with Russian O.C. and arms smuggling on pretty much every level...from small arms to stingers and alleged nuclear material.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post

Naval Investigative Service had an office near my place and they rode with our gang unit weekly to stay up on all the different identifiers. It was a huge issue in SoCal with sending bangers into the Marine Corps from both a training and then weapons smuggling standpoint.
    We got one of those guys in my platoon. His exit was swift and certain.

If I recall correctly, they also busted sum doods at Fallbrook Naval Weapons Station on the backside of Pendleton.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Exactly this. At some agencies (like mine) hiring decisions are largely removed from the departments control and given to city HR, because diversity is the single most important value. To an absolutely insane level. That's why the demographics of the applicant pool are carefully concealed.....they would be wildly out of whack with hiring, and would fit the snowflakes' own definitions of 'disparate impact'.
    Unfortunately, I couldn't agree more with this. It's also been happening for a very long time. Before I got on the job, I remember a news report about a shoot out between two gang-members/cops that took place in a rollcall room at the Chicago PD. My own dept. has had several get on the job over the years. In my time in the military, I also saw it happening there, too. It's an on-going problem that we'll be dealing with from now on.

Virtually everywhere you look no matter how pure you think a organization or group of people are I've come to realize that everything is a microcosm of society as a whole.

Site Supporter
    I have personal knowledge of one gang infiltrating a juvenile justice location. Affirmative action hiring policies, incompetent leadership, and high employee turnover wreck many programs.

Looks like the subject from the OP has been indicted on 57 counts of official misconduct, which is a felony in TN.

http://www.wkrn.com/top-news/former-...dut/1167455624
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

User Tag List