Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Used 5906 Question

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    You can probably get all the parts you need with this kit: https://everygunpart.com/smith-wesso...stainless.html
    The revolver section is useful, but hard to look at. What did all those poor Colts and S&W's ever do!
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Thanks all for the advice! Looks like I'll be in next weekend to pick it up. I'll get some pics up along with some targets if I get the chance to get on the range.

I bought a used 5906 a few years ago. I have a soft spot for the generational 9mm autos. I had a model 59 and 6906. They came and went through trades over the years. Any handgun one buys is a personal preference thing, some like these autos, others don't. That is a good price. I lucked out and bought a new barrel and slide lock at MidwayUSA (no relation, just a customer). Just wanted to have those spare parts. You can get wolff replacement springs. Factory mag availability are hit and miss at best. Was unaware of above website, but it looks like a great resource! Enjoy your new to you S&W.

Vending Machine Operator
    I sometimes enjoy collecting curio/logistically difficult guns like this. As long as you save your high round counts for your current-production guns and just take it out occasionally, it'll be fine. That's what I do with my Colt revolvers. Just a few cylinders a year and other than that just enjoy having them around.

For $275 you're not taking a huge risk. That's like $100 less than the pallet of HST I just bought.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 04-23-2018 at 12:22 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List