Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 Elite LTT

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I have no experience with the beretta 92 and ALS holster but I do with the 1911 and ALS. The problems we had were Officer not depressing the lock button all the way. They would depress it far enough to release but the plastic lock did not fully clear the gun and over time their draws would round the plastic lock off.
    This isn’t an “operator-error” issue, and has nothing to do with the front slide serrations.

I have thousands of draws from an ALS with USP Compacts, with no issues.

The B92 tends to snag/rub the retention mechanism at the top front of the slide, just outboard of the front sight. Makes for a very rough, somewhat loud (“click-clack-click”) draw, and rubs the finish off the slide at that location. I wanted to use the B92 ALS holster for commonality with my duty holster, but quickly gave up due to the above issues.

As Ernest Langdon describes, it’s just not a good retention design for the B92 slide geometry.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    This isn’t an “operator-error” issue, and has nothing to do with the front slide serrations.

The B92 tends to snag/rub the retention mechanism at the top front of the slide, just outboard of the front sight. Makes for a very rough, somewhat loud (“click-clack-click”) draw, and rubs the finish off the slide at that location. I wanted to use the B92 ALS holster for commonality with my duty holster, but quickly gave up due to the above issues.

As Ernest Langdon describes, it’s just not a good retention design for the B92 slide geometry.
    Well that makes me feel a little better that I can’t get an ALS for a 92 with a light. I’m planning on switching to a 92 style with rail next year. So 6280 it is.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post

Do all versions of the B92 have this issues?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I would imagine so as it seems it catches on the slide just behind the front sight, the issue is less pronounced (but still present) with the centurion tactical

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I’ve tried it with a Centurian (non-rail), a vanilla B92, and the 92 Elite LTT. No-bueno for all of those.

Beretta 92 and ALS

Grand Thumb did a video on the Elite LTT and use an ALS holster for all his work. He said his broke in and worked great. I wonder if Safariland made some changes, he got his holster new as of about two months ago?
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Site Supporter
    When I first go an ALS (6360) for a P-07, it had a rough draw that would hang the gun up. After a little while, the draw smoothed out and was no further issue whatsoever.

Has anyone gotten one with the small parts NP3ed? I’m getting close to ordering and can’t decided if I want to send the extra money or not...

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    Has anyone gotten one with the small parts NP3ed? I’m getting close to ordering and can’t decided if I want to send the extra money or not...
    A couple of us posed similar questions recently in the big 92 LTT thread; some good answers posted starting here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....al-92!/page141

Whole thread, though time-consuming, is full of useful info and observations; worth the read.

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    If you want a 3# SA trigger pull get the NP3? I don't have an LTT but do have his TJIBs in several 92s. My local comp M9A1 just got the NP3 version TJIB and that is the pull w/ a 12# spring. DA is 6.0#.

User Tag List