Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 Elite LTT

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Well that's weird then. When you said you got it at a pawn shop I figured it was used and maybe someone had taken the grips off and lost a washer and it came with cheap mags or they were worn out.
    It’s a pawn/gun store. It’s weird. I just swing by every so often in the hopes of finding a used Smith & Wesson revolver.

Took grips off and they have the rubber o-rings on each screw. I did notice some frame wear/rubbing. Not sure if I can post a picture or not...

Name:  0E74F9B4-3DCE-4B4D-9996-73F28A344448.jpg
Views: 1781
Size:  40.0 KB

Has a few lines of wear on the magazines now too... not sure if this is normal or abnormal.

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    It’s a pawn/gun store. It’s weird. I just swing by every so often in the hopes of finding a used Smith & Wesson revolver.

Took grips off and they have the rubber o-rings on each screw. I did notice some frame wear/rubbing. Not sure if I can post a picture or not...

Name:  0E74F9B4-3DCE-4B4D-9996-73F28A344448.jpg
Views: 1781
Size:  40.0 KB

Has a few lines of wear on the magazines now too... not sure if this is normal or abnormal.
    I would contact Beretta.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quick update: I haven’t heard back from Berretta, but I hiit the range and shot a few hundred rounds. Magazines are dropping free easier. Only one failure to hold the slide to the rear on magazine 3. I’ve got my eye on him. lol Function was fine otherwise. It was a joy to shoot.

Fast forward, and I got my second 92 LTT with trigger job and np3 parts. Magazines fly out of this one. lol Haven’t shot it yet, but I’m in love with the trigger. I’ll be ordering a TJIB for the other gun soon.

I also just got three mecgar 18 rnds mags in the mail. They fire out of the first gun with a passion. So maybe the factory magazines were just a wee bit oversized...

Anyways, I’ll shoot a few thousand rounds out of these and see how it goes.
    Last edited by CLaw; 03-14-2019 at 09:39 PM.

Question about 92 LTT frame wear

I had a quick question regarding frame wear from the recoil spring guide rod. All three of my 92 LTT (full sized, centurion, and compact) are at about 1k rounds. My full sized is showing a distinct wear mark from the recoil spring guide rod that my centurion and compact are not showing. I've felt my guide rod and I do not feel any roughness or burs with my fingers. I can't get my fingers in the frame, but when I run a q-tip in there, it feels relatively smooth and doesn't catch any q-tip fibers.

Thanks in advance.

Name:  IMG_6034.jpg
Views: 1004
Size:  41.2 KBName:  IMG_6035.jpg
Views: 984
Size:  50.1 KBName:  IMG_6036.jpg
Views: 1019
Size:  51.8 KBName:  IMG_6037.jpg
Views: 1108
Size:  51.1 KB

What recoil spring weight are you using and with what ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by tlong17 View Post
    What recoil spring weight are you using and with what ammo?
    The #12.5 that came with it from LTT and a variety of factory 115 (Blazer Brass and Fiocchi) and 147 (American Eagle and Speer Lawman).

Site Supporter

LTT Elite frame rail failure

I just had a the frame rail (that the slide rides on) shear off of my LTT Elite.
    It’s the rail above the trigger pin, that guides the slide on the outside and the barrel and locking block in the inside.
    Photos:

Name:  35BCC11D-6D10-48F8-8ADB-C8698D40BBA6.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  72.9 KBName:  9CA46920-3C7D-471E-89F1-B2CC4174BFF0.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  37.0 KBName:  82682AE1-07EA-41A8-87AB-4CEBE922601E.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  36.3 KBName:  4A9B48FD-87A9-4444-B58E-FDD1B93F0B58.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  42.7 KB

Has anyone here seen this failure mode before?
    The frame in question has 19,710 rounds on it, all subsonic 147 and 150 gr match ammo.
    The gun is an early-production LTT Elite, bought from LTT. The recoil spring was replaced every 5,000 rounds. The slide, barrel and locking block were replaced at 18,243 rounds when I added an LTT RDO slide to start competing in Carry Optics. The frame rail failed on the 1,476th round fired with the new slide/barrel assembly attached.
    In other words, the gun was well used, but not abused in any way.

I’ve reached out to LTT today for assistance in getting the frame replaced. I’m reluctant to send it to Beretta, as it has a LTT trigger job (done in-house), as well as a Beretta Competition hammer that I added. I’m certain that Beretta wouldn’t send those parts back on a replacement frame.
    If all else fails, I suppose that I could strip the frame of all “improvements” before sending it to Beretta.
    Thoughts on what caused this failure other than a materials defect in the frame?
    Thoughts on the likelihood of LTT or Beretta replacing the frame after 4 years of use?

I’m really bummed - I loved this gun, and was able to select the low-number s/n when I ordered it, so got one with a number that was meaningful to me.

@LangdonTactical
    @Ben_G

Dang that sucks to see. I hope they get you taken care of quickly. I am curious to see what they say was the cause of it.

Gyro-F16, have you broken any decocker lever springs? I don’t have the round count you have.

I have gone through 4 or 5 of them. Supposedly it is rare to break them. Super annoying and have to pull my optic and plate off to replace.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post

I’m really bummed - I loved this gun, and was able to select the low-number s/n when I ordered it, so got one with a number that was meaningful to me.

@LangdonTactical
    @Ben_G
    That's a real bummer with that low serial number. I know Langdon was trying real hard to get low serial numbers out to the people that wanted them.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Dang that sucks to see. I hope they get you taken care of quickly. I am curious to see what they say was the cause of it.

Gyro-F16, have you broken any decocker lever springs? I don’t have the round count you have.

I have gone through 4 or 5 of them. Supposedly it is rare to break them. Super annoying and have to pull my optic and plate off to replace.
    No- never broke one of those. I replaced the decocker spring preventatively at just over 15,000 rds because it was feeling a bit worn, and I had the decocker disassembled anyway while cleaning the firing pin channel, replacing the firing pin spring, and replacing the extractor and associated spring.

User Tag List