Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 Elite LTT

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I just had a the frame rail (that the slide rides on) shear off of my LTT Elite.
    It’s the rail above the trigger pin, that guides the slide on the outside and the barrel and locking block in the inside.
    Photos:

Attachment 97054Attachment 97055Attachment 97056Attachment 97057

Has anyone here seen this failure mode before?
    The frame in question has 19,710 rounds on it, all subsonic 147 and 150 gr match ammo.
    The gun is an early-production LTT Elite, bought from LTT. The recoil spring was replaced every 5,000 rounds. The slide, barrel and locking block were replaced at 18,243 rounds when I added an LTT RDO slide to start competing in Carry Optics. The frame rail failed on the 1,476th round fired with the new slide/barrel assembly attached.
    In other words, the gun was well used, but not abused in any way.

I’ve reached out to LTT today for assistance in getting the frame replaced. I’m reluctant to send it to Beretta, as it has a LTT trigger job (done in-house), as well as a Beretta Competition hammer that I added. I’m certain that Beretta wouldn’t send those parts back on a replacement frame.
    If all else fails, I suppose that I could strip the frame of all “improvements” before sending it to Beretta.
    Thoughts on what caused this failure other than a materials defect in the frame?
    Thoughts on the likelihood of LTT or Beretta replacing the frame after 4 years of use?

I’m really bummed - I loved this gun, and was able to select the low-number s/n when I ordered it, so got one with a number that was meaningful to me.

@LangdonTactical
    @Ben_G
    Peter,

It was great talking to you on the phone today. As I stated, we will get you squared away right away. Thank you for being such a great customer.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Peter,

It was great talking to you on the phone today. As I stated, we will get you squared away right away. Thank you for being such a great customer.
    And that, folks, is how you run a company.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Excellent that LTT is going to take care of you! Top notch customer service as always.

I am curious on the cause and if LTT is going to send it to Beretta to check it out.

Please update us if they find the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Peter,

Service like this is why I ordered a compact from them Thursday night. That’s great shit. I would ask cause I’m curious but didn’t see it on the RDO page I ordered the gun from but the NP3 compact comes with a bobbed hammer I hope? I’m a newbie peon round these parts so I’m not expecting a response but maybe someone else can confirm.
    Placed 8th in the 1998 Independence Elementary School Bee and multiple time fire ant bite survivor.
    Guns- LTT Beretta 92 Elite, LTT Beretta 92c w/SRO, Beretta 80X, HK P30, HK P30sk, P365xl, Beretta 1301 comp, DDM4V7P, and some poverty pieces too.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto9 View Post
    Service like this is why I ordered a compact from them Thursday night. That’s great shit. I would ask cause I’m curious but didn’t see it on the RDO page I ordered the gun from but the NP3 compact comes with a bobbed hammer I hope? I’m a newbie peon round these parts so I’m not expecting a response but maybe someone else can confirm.
    I think all of the LTT Compacts default to the bobbed hammer - mine isn’t NP3 but just came with one.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Does anyone have a Safariland decoder ring? I’m trying to find if they do an ALS holster that will work for a LTT 92 Elite with RDO (a EPS in my case.) I’d prefer no light, but that may not be an option. Or would I do better with US Duty Gear?

I’m looking for a retention holster for a training belt.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Does anyone have a Safariland decoder ring? I’m trying to find if they do an ALS holster that will work for a LTT 92 Elite with RDO (a EPS in my case.) I’d prefer no light, but that may not be an option. Or would I do better with US Duty Gear?

I could not figure out Safariland, so I went with a USA Duty Gear and it is excellent.

https://usdutygear.com/holsters/duty...+92G+Elite+LTT

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I just had a the frame rail (that the slide rides on) shear off of my LTT Elite.
    It’s the rail above the trigger pin, that guides the slide on the outside and the barrel and locking block in the inside.
    Photos:

Attachment 97054Attachment 97055Attachment 97056Attachment 97057

Has anyone here seen this failure mode before?
    The frame in question has 19,710 rounds on it, all subsonic 147 and 150 gr match ammo.
    The gun is an early-production LTT Elite, bought from LTT. The recoil spring was replaced every 5,000 rounds. The slide, barrel and locking block were replaced at 18,243 rounds when I added an LTT RDO slide to start competing in Carry Optics. The frame rail failed on the 1,476th round fired with the new slide/barrel assembly attached.
    In other words, the gun was well used, but not abused in any way.

I’ve reached out to LTT today for assistance in getting the frame replaced. I’m reluctant to send it to Beretta, as it has a LTT trigger job (done in-house), as well as a Beretta Competition hammer that I added. I’m certain that Beretta wouldn’t send those parts back on a replacement frame.
    If all else fails, I suppose that I could strip the frame of all “improvements” before sending it to Beretta.
    Thoughts on what caused this failure other than a materials defect in the frame?
    Thoughts on the likelihood of LTT or Beretta replacing the frame after 4 years of use?

I’m really bummed - I loved this gun, and was able to select the low-number s/n when I ordered it, so got one with a number that was meaningful to me.

@LangdonTactical
    @Ben_G

GyroF-16 any update on resolution and findings?

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post

It doesn’t exist with Safariland.
    ALS you get gun only, no light, no optic.
    You can get a SLS with a light but no optic.

I forget the company but there is some one that makes an SLS type for a 92 with an optic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vista461 View Post
    It doesn’t exist with Safariland.
    ALS you get gun only, no light, no optic.
    You can get a SLS with a light but no optic.

I forget the company but there is some one that makes an SLS type for a 92 with an optic.
    US Duty Gear and MidWest Tactical Solutions can both make a solid holster for an LTT RDO w/ WML. I have and like both.

User Tag List