Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wilson Combat discontinued handguns

Wilson Combat discontinued handguns

I'm surprised to see some of the models like the Hackathorn Special and Vickers Elite going away. They are probably looking to increase production of the double stack guns:

https://www.wilsoncombat.com/discontinued-handguns/

The wave has shifted to the 2011 and double stacks.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

They are putting a lot of capacity into the "solid frame" all metal guns, too.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

If you click on any of those models, it still offers 'build now' buttons, which take you to a form that includes those same handguns in the drop-down. I don't know that they're -very- discontinued.
    Ignore Alien Orders

At first glance it's a huge list, but then you can still get a 1911 in pretty much any configuration under the remaining branding so I'm not sure what *really* changed.

Speaking of double stacks, how did the EDC X9 shake out? Are those more or less sorted or are there common issues that need to be addressed?

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Speaking of double stacks, how did the EDC X9 shake out? Are those more or less sorted or are there common issues that need to be addressed?
    I've only seen a couple at local IDPA matches and they ran fine. I did hear of some issues with them and the 18rd magazines not being as reliable as the 15rd versions.

Just reading the OP, I was thinking it was no big deal as you could probably "spec" out a Hackathorn or Vickers gun by just modifying a CQB, but there are a lot of other models destined for the scrap heap, such as, it looks like the entire X-Tac line-up, and some other models that seemed like they were signature models.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Mine has been flawless. I initially put it through a thorough vetting process, and continue practicing with it without issue.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    If you click on any of those models, it still offers 'build now' buttons, which take you to a form that includes those same handguns in the drop-down. I don't know that they're -very- discontinued.
    I was thinking that. Wilson still does custom work, they are just no longer keeping those models as a catalog item. Of you want one, you can have them build it, it just won't be a ready to ship, in stock item.

I'm disappointed; looks like l missed the opportunity to pick up a Texas BBQ Special...

Kidding. 52 gun models seems like a lot to discontinue. I had no idea they made that many options. I guess they are skinnying down production to focus on something more profitable/what sells.

User Tag List