Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Geissele trigger for serious use?

I also chose the SSA.

Do any of the other Geissele triggers, aside from SSA have official clearance for duty use?

https://geissele.com/super-semi-automatic-trigger.html

The SSA is safety certified by Crane Naval Surface Warfare Center.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Do any of the other Geissele triggers, aside from SSA have official clearance for duty use?

https://geissele.com/super-semi-automatic-trigger.html
    The select fire version is approved for SOCOM use aka the SSF which is a select fire SSA. The other SSA/SSA-E and SD-C/E triggers are made to the same standards. The G2S are different in manufacturing/assembly but good, I wouldn’t say the SD-3g or some of the others for duty use but they are made out the same materials as the ssa etc.

Quote Originally Posted by karmapolice View Post
    The select fire version is approved for SOCOM use aka the SSF which is a select fire SSA. The other SSA/SSA-E and SD-C/E triggers are made to the same standards. The G2S are different in manufacturing/assembly but good, I wouldn’t say the SD-3g or some of the others for duty use but they are made out the same materials as the ssa etc.
    With that said, and I'm not asking for a stamp of approval or endorsement. But since the Tricon is an enhanced SSA, would it theoretically be good to go? That's the only trigger I've been able to dry fire so far and I really liked it. But if the only trigger for sure 100% is good to go is the SSA, then that's what my rifle is getting.

Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    With that said, and I'm not asking for a stamp of approval or endorsement. But since the Tricon is an enhanced SSA, would it theoretically be good to go? That's the only trigger I've been able to dry fire so far and I really liked it. But if the only trigger for sure 100% is good to go is the SSA, then that's what my rifle is getting.
    If I were you, I'd just get an SSA and be done with it.

I currently have SSA triggers in four rifles, to include my duty rifle. The other triggers may be GTO, but you know that the SSA is GTO.

I find the crisp but not-too-light pull of the SSA and it's wide acceptance for serious use as all the reason to stick with it for as long as I have.

FWIW, I've also tried the G2S and the BCM PNT - my sample of the G2S was not quite as consistent in break as the SSA and the PNT, while better than most, was still a little too heavy with noticeable (but not objectionable) creep.

For a SD carbine that might be used to make a precision shot, IMO the SSA is perfect.

As I’ve said, The SSA and Tricon triggers are good, and both will serve you well.

If you like the shape of the Tricon trigger (curve / straight blend) vs the curved trigger of the SSA, go with it, cause that’s the big difference between the two.

Geometry, materials (except for the springs - they’re stainless in the Tricon), reset, pull weight, etc are the same as the SSA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I want to see someone running down the street with a sims-gun shrieking 'I am the first revelation' " - SouthNarc

Loving disclaimer from an armorer: please if you have doubt about your trigger installation, have someone qualified check it out!

I recently had a very close friend bring me a lower where the FCG pins were walking. This is almost always an indication of mis-installed parts. In this case it was a Geissele G2S where whoever he got it from didn’t include the hammer clip spring so there was literally nothing keeping the hammer pin from walking. For those not familiar, the G2S saves money by leaving out the machining and installation for the J spring in the hammer. It has a pocket machined one one side that captures a clip spring that engages one of the outer grooves on the hammer pin rather than the center groove that is normally engaged by the J spring.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

I've been really happy with my G2S. The install isn't hard and the cost savings are worth it IMO. Haven't had a single problem with it. Weight feels appropriate for a GP rifle. SSA-E and the lighter "single" stage Geissele triggers are a bit too light for me.

"Enhanced" is rather ambiguous in this case as is naming it the "Super Tricon." As far as I am aware, the Tricon *is* an SSA with the only difference being the trigger bow. The operational feel will be slightly different, but functionally, it should be identical. It would probably have been better named SSA-RB for the ribbed bow. If you liked the feel of that particular trigger bow, there's no real reason to worry about it.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

User Tag List