Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Geissele trigger for serious use?

Best Geissele trigger for serious use?

I've heard about some light strikes with the some of the Geissele triggers. I'm looking to put one into my RECCE rifle build that will be a truck/travel gun that I will rely on if I need to. It's wearing a 1-4 P4Xi so I'd like to be able to touch off precise shots while also able to belt out some rounds if needed. I was looking at the SSA or Tricon. I was wondering if anyone had any mileage on these triggers and if they're solid enough to run in a self defense rifle.

SSA, SSF and Super Tricon (pretty much an SSA with some tweaks) are all solid.

I use the SSA and SSF for my work guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I want to see someone running down the street with a sims-gun shrieking 'I am the first revelation' " - SouthNarc

LMT or MBT 2 stage. ;-)

I have two lowers with the SSA-E. One is on a suppressed LMT Mk-18 that's seen some hard use. The SSA-E has worked well, even when coated with suppressor crud, mud, and high desert volcanic dust. The other SSA-E is on my 3-gun lower, and it's been great also.

I also like the G2S. I have one in my home defense gun, that I also used in a carbine course. No issues.

My other game gun has a SD3G trigger that's seen a high round count. But I would not choose the SD3G for your application.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 04-20-2018 at 01:23 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I use an SSA on my duty gun and on my training gun.

I've run Geissele triggers for about 7 years now and have never had a light strike through tens of thousands rounds of different types of ammunition. I ran the SD-C for long while and then switched to the SD-E and that's what my work carbine, training carbine (copy of work), and house carbine all have in them. I have also run the SSA but that is it, I'd recommend the SSA, SSA-E, SD-C, or SD-E for any hard/duty use carbine with out hesitation.

I have SSA's on most of my AR's. No problems of any kind. I haven't tried the Super Tricon, but since it is essentially the SSA it should be good to go as well. My guess is that you'll love either one on the Recce.

Though you're not looking at getting one, the SSA-E is a just bit too light for my preference though no functional problems with it either. That pound does make a big difference.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I use an SSA on my duty gun and on my training gun.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by karmapolice View Post
    I've run Geissele triggers for about 7 years now and have never had a light strike through tens of thousands rounds of different types of ammunition. I ran the SD-C for long while and then switched to the SD-E and that's what my work carbine, training carbine (copy of work), and house carbine all have in them. I have also run the SSA but that is it, I'd recommend the SSA, SSA-E, SD-C, or SD-E for any hard/duty use carbine with out hesitation.
    My son has a SD E in his Noveske carbine. I tease that it's a psychic trigger. He's gonna swap it for my SSA or SD C to get a little closer to his GI guns. I ain't arguing
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

The only light strikes I’m aware of from G triggers are due to improper install. I actually had the issue with a Super Tricon I got used, because one of the springs was on backwards. It still functioned about 90% of the time but finally I emailed them a pic. It wasn’t the common mistake with the legs of the springs installed wrong, but I guess the other guy pulled a spring off and flipped it around. G customer service figured it out ASAP and it never had another issue. All that being said, I wasn’t a huge fan of the Tricon. The hybrid bow makes sense, but I prefer straight bows without serrations. My current Noveske has an SD-E that works well, as does the SD-C in my wife’s BCM. I have another BCM with an SSA. All of my future triggers will likely be flat bowed SD-Cs with the exception of maybe one SSP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List