Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Some Churches Divesting Themselves Of Police Services

A written or publicly stated policy of not calling the cops for anything will eventually backfire in California, being the litigious place that it is.

After someone is hurt badly, or dies, any congregation connected to a large organization with deep pockets could end up writing some big checks by the time it's all over. Unintended consequences always follow foolishness like this.
    Last edited by Horseman; 04-22-2018 at 10:52 AM.

That's an interesting point there. Increasing liability is never a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    People have lived under the protection of the rule of law for so long that they have forgotten what life is like without it. There are some illusions that only a harsh dose of reality can dispel.
    He's right. The public in these places is going to get the type of policing the handful of vocal ones keep demanding.

Site Supporter
    So post a " We will not call the police sign" at every door as in TX we have no gun 30.06 and 07 signs. So no liability can be assigned to our church if you come in.

It is a legit religious view (not mine) that using lethal violence in self-defense is forbidden as:

1. God gave us life, only he or she or it, can take it.
    2. If you kill someone, you remove their chance for redemption, so lethal force should not be used.

That's a touch different from we don't like the Police for social/political reasons.

I've been counseling a good friend of mine on how to protect his church. Gave him literature, articles and training suggestions. He's good but getting folks in general to train up - we know that story.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    So post a " We will not call the police sign" at every door as in TX we have no gun 30.06 and 07 signs. So no liability can be assigned to our church if you come in.

It is a legit religious view (not mine) that using lethal violence in self-defense is forbidden as:

1. God gave us life, only he or she or it, can take it.
    2. If you kill someone, you remove their chance for redemption, so lethal force should not be used.

That's a touch different from we don't like the Police for social/political reasons.

I've been counseling a good friend of mine on how to protect his church. Gave him literature, articles and training suggestions. He's good but getting folks in general to train up - we know that story.
    Luke 22:36.

Site Supporter
    Of course, the interpretation of scripture is debated. What else is new or old? Folks through verses around at each other.

User Tag List