Thread: Two Sheriff's Deputies Murdered While Eating Dinner in North FL

Two Sheriff's Deputies Murdered While Dining in North FL

RIP Sgt. Noel Ramirez

RIP Deputy Taylor Lindsey

The shooter was found dead at the scene. Unknown whether he killed himself or was shot during the event.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/19/u...es-killed.html
    Last edited by blues; 04-19-2018 at 08:27 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Damn.

That just sucks. I want to learn that an armed citizen shot the shooter, but I suspect the shooter did the deed himself. Wish he had just shot himself first as it would be a much better outcome for everyone.

RIP Sgt. Noel Ramirez

Last edited by farscott; 04-20-2018 at 06:20 AM.

CWM11B
    It is now being reported the shooter killed himself. RIP deputies.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    That just sucks. I want to learn that an armed citizen shot the shooter, but I suspect the shooter did the deed himself. Wish he had just shot himself first as it would be a much better outcome for everyone.

RIP Sgt. Noel Ramirez

A few decades ago, maybe his beef with the world would have just led to suicide. My half assed theory is our decaying culture of selfishness has contributed to turning suicides into murder suicides. Somebody is gonna pay! Mix that with the related "chronic failure rage syndrome" (another made up invention) and its a marvel our murder rates have been declining for 25 years.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Trenton is a "hole in the wall" little Town. If this can happen there, it can happen anywhere.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

RIP gentlemen. You’ll be in my thoughts.

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

RIP

Shot through the window is how I read the story. Damn...

Deputies were shot from inside the restaurant with Mini-14. NOT through window as some news outlets reported early on. Sucky week for LEOs...

I was deeply saddened to hear about the untimely death of Deputies Ramerez and Lindsey.

I was equally surprised at how fast this story fell off the front page of the news. A guy ambushes and murders two cops, and it's already on the second page of the paper by the next new cycle?

Justifiable police shootings generate protests for weeks, yet a double murder of two LEO is virtually forgotten a couple days later. Strange times we live in.
    Last edited by Mark D; 04-22-2018 at 12:14 AM. Reason: clarity

User Tag List