Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bosch Fans: Check Out "Prime Suspect"

Bosch Fans: Check Out "Prime Suspect"

I watched the series on Netflix a couple years ago and it was one of the best police series I have seen, notwithstanding the fact that it is British and centers on the work of the Metropolitan Police. It's one of a handful, which include "The Wire" (my favorite), and Bosch that get the feel right...both from the point of view of the street work and cases...and dealing with "the job".

Here's a link from YouTube to hopefully get you on your way. I really don't think you'll be disappointed. It's quite good.

There's nothing civil about this war.

When I was a kid the older guy across the street had a poster of a young hot blonde hanging up in his garage. Not naked, but pretty close. Never knew who she was as a kid.

Fast forward to about 2010. He passed away and his kids had an estate sale so my wife and I stopped by. The poster was still hanging up in the garage, and I'll be darned if it wasn't a young Helen Mirren.

None of that is pertinent to the topic of the thread, which can probably be said for most of my posts, but there it is anyway.

Prime Suspect with Helen Mirren is good, the remake from a few years ago was a turd.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Prime Suspect with Helen Mirren is good...
    As I recall, all the seasons right up through the ending were quite good. I never did see the remake you refer to though I think I saw a mention of it on imdb.

Saw a few episodes of the recent show on PBS that is based on the original series featuring a young actress playing Tennison as a rookie and beyond. Lightweight fluff for the most part. (Sort of mimics "Endeavour", a series based upon depicting the early years of the fictional Inspector Morse.)

I saw that show. (I rarely get to say that) It was pretty good.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Can’t find it on Netflix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched the Prime Suspect series when they were aired on PBS as part of Mystery and later Masterpiece Theater. There was another series called Touching Evil that I seem to recall thinking was pretty good. I think someone here mentioned it in another thread being available free on Amazon Prime.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by Risto View Post
    Can’t find it on Netflix.

I guess they must've dropped it since we watched it. It looks like Hulu has it but I don't have a subscription with them to confirm.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I guess they must've dropped it since we watched it. It looks like Hulu has it but I don't have a subscription with them to confirm.
    Roku says it's available on Hulu, Britbox and AcornTV, all of which require a subscription.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Thanks for checking, RGB.

Looks good so far on the linked video. I'll watch for it to reappear on Netflix. Trying hard to not patron YT if I can avoid it, but I'm struggling. It's my FaceBook. Why can't those jackwagons just stay out of politics?

Thanks for sharing, Blues. Might be a good excuse to try Hulu.

User Tag List