Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Those who carry a g34 AIWB - what holster works for you and why?

Those who carry a g34 AIWB - what holster works for you and why?

I am considering the Keeper, the JMCK George, AIWB, or Wing Claw 2.5. The g34 will have an RMR on it. Please let me know what your thoughts on your favorite holsters for this size gun in appendix are and why, plus what other holsters you've tried and why not. Body type, shape, size etc may be helpful. I am 5 foot 9, 190 lbs, muscular/athletic build. True 31 waist. Concealability is of paramount importance, I will be wearing this in places where I absolutely need no grip printing whatsoever against plain t shirts.

Thanks in advance, looking forward to hearing what your experiences have been!

Quote Originally Posted by markman View Post
    I am considering the Keeper, the JMCK George, AIWB, or Wing Claw 2.5. The g34 will have an RMR on it. Please let me know what your thoughts on your favorite holsters for this size gun in appendix are and why, plus what other holsters you've tried and why not. Body type, shape, size etc may be helpful. I am 5 foot 9, 190 lbs, muscular/athletic build. True 31 waist. Concealability is of paramount importance, I will be wearing this in places where I absolutely need no grip printing whatsoever against plain t shirts.

Thanks in advance, looking forward to hearing what your experiences have been!
    I've had good luck with the JMCK Wing Claw with 1911s, not a G34 but very similar in size. My overall build it similar to yours though I weight a bit less (~175).

Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    I've had good luck with the JMCK Wing Claw with 1911s, not a G34 but very similar in size. My overall build it similar to yours though I weight a bit less (~175).

Cool - thank you! Have you ever tried their AIWB or George? I like the idea of less hardware and just a single piece. (I like to tinker with things and that added wing and slots makes me always try swapping struts, clips, etc.)

Given your concerns about grip printing and needing absolutely no printing whatsoever I would recommend only a Glock 43, 26 or maybe a 19. If you’re carrying in an environment where concealment is critical the 17 and 34’s grip length is a disadvantage when compared to the others. If you do need to stay with the 34 I would order a JMCK 2.5 wide spaced PTD loops, foam wedge and in comments ask for a shim to place below the claw. I would call and talk to @TonyMayer to get his suggestion.

Below I have listed what I use. With all of these I use the Area Aegis enhanced , while expensive, I find the stiffness and ease of adjustment improves concealment and comfort without having to cinch the belt down as tightly. Also all of these pistols are equipped with the Gadget.

Most of the time, when off duty, I carry my 19.4 plus a TLR-7 in a JMCK AIWB with the foam wedge and the claw shimmed up to increase grip tuck. Previously my default was the eidolon with my 17.4. Now I rarely choose the eidolon.

With both of those options there is no printing while standing upright, but I accept some minimal printing when moving or depending on my position and clothing which most people would never notice. But I am a cop carrying in my jurisdiction, if you have social restrictions which make you more concerned about absolute concealment I would drop down to one of the options below.

When I want less chance of grip printing I carry my Glock 26.4, I use a ten round mag with the Pierce Grip Extension PG-26XL which matches the Gen 4 texture. The extension adds length only to the front of the grip, which when carried AIWB(JM Custom Kydex Wing Claw 2.0 with tuckable 1.5” overhooks) does not impact my ability to conceal.

See photos of that here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post660073

When carrying either the 19 or 26 I carry Glock 17 spare mags in a JM Custom Kydex AIWB SPMP.

For deep concealment, when carried in a manner other than AIWB, the Glock 26 is much harder to conceal than a Glock 43.

But even carrying appendix, if I am really worried about concealment I use the Glock 43 in a JMCK AIWB with split loop and foam wedge and carry two spare magazines one in a AIWB-SPMP.
    Last edited by John10-19; 04-19-2018 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John10-19 View Post
    Given your concerns about grip printing and needing absolutely no printing whatsoever I would recommend only a Glock 43, 26 or maybe a 19. If you’re carrying in an environment where concealment is critical the 17 and 34’s grip length is a disadvantage when compared to the others. If you do need to stay with the 34 I would order a JMCK 2.5 wide spaced PTD loops, foam wedge and in comments ask for a shim to place below the claw. I would call and talk to @TonyMayer to get his suggestion.

Below I have listed what I use. With all of these I use the Area Aegis enhanced , while expensive, I find the stiffness and ease of adjustment improves concealment and comfort without having to cinch the belt down as tightly. Also all of these pistols are equipped with the Gadget.

Most of the time, when off duty, I carry my 19.4 plus a TLR-7 in a JMCK AIWB with the foam wedge and the claw shimmed up to increase grip tuck. Previously my default was the eidolon with my 17.4. Now I rarely choose the eidolon.

With both of those options there is no printing while standing upright, but I accept some minimal printing when moving or depending on my position and clothing which most people would never notice. But I am a cop carrying in my jurisdiction, if you have social restrictions which make you more concerned about absolute concealment I would drop down to one of the options below.

When I want less chance of grip printing I carry my Glock 26.4, I use a ten round mag with the Pierce Grip Extension PG-26XL which matches the Gen 4 texture. The extension adds length only to the front of the grip, which when carried AIWB(JM Custom Kydex Wing Claw 2.0 with tuckable 1.5” overhooks) does not impact my ability to conceal.

See photos of that here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post660073

When carrying either the 19 or 26 I carry Glock 17 spare mags in a JM Custom Kydex AIWB SPMP.

For deep concealment, when carried in a manner other than AIWB, the Glock 26 is much harder to conceal than a Glock 43.

But even carrying appendix, if I am really worried about concealment I use the Glock 43 in a JMCK AIWB with split loop and foam wedge and carry two spare magazines one in a AIWB-SPMP.
    Sounds good. Yep, have been in contact with @TonyMayer about my particular issues/desires. I do have an ares aegis enhanced as well (was fortunate enough to win this at Steve Fisher's Critical Handgun Employment course). I used to use the JMCK AIWB mag carrier but with an extended mag it tends to list out over the belt line so I have since changed. I am wondering if the wide spaced loops will still work with RMR clearance. I will alter my attire before accepting less gun as where I will be going for the next 4 years is the same town that I already had my gun necessary "bad day" in. Wouldn't it be nice to think that lightning can't strike twice?

I'm currently carrying a 17, not a 34, but I use a 34 length Keepers. I also have a Keepers for a Government model 1911. The Keepers is the most comfortable holster for me and I have tried a lot of holsters. It is very minimalistic so it works better with my narrow frame. Even though it is very low profile it is not a lightweight piece of gear. It is very sturdy and holds up to all kinds of abuse. The butt of the gun tucks in very tight without being uncomfortable. The foam wedge that ships with it works very well. It has a lot of adjustability for ride height, muzzle rake, and retention. It just works for me.

The drawbacks are it is a little pricey when compared to other Kydex holsters and lead times are a little long.

It's been said here many times, appendix carry gear is a very individual thing. What works for some will not work for others.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I'm currently carrying a 17, not a 34, but I use a 34 length Keepers. I also have a Keepers for a Government model 1911. The Keepers is the most comfortable holster for me and I have tried a lot of holsters. It is very minimalistic so it works better with my narrow frame. Even though it is very low profile it is not a lightweight piece of gear. It is very sturdy and holds up to all kinds of abuse. The butt of the gun tucks in very tight without being uncomfortable. The foam wedge that ships with it works very well. It has a lot of adjustability for ride height, muzzle rake, and retention. It just works for me.

The drawbacks are it is a little pricey when compared to other Kydex holsters and lead times are a little long.

It's been said here many times, appendix carry gear is a very individual thing. What works for some will not work for others.
    I agree with that last statement for sure. However, I have gone done the path of the holsters that look cool with nice definition and fancy instagram hullabaloo and now must dig myself out of that hole. Back to basics essentially.

Quote Originally Posted by markman View Post
    Cool - thank you! Have you ever tried their AIWB or George? I like the idea of less hardware and just a single piece. (I like to tinker with things and that added wing and slots makes me always try swapping struts, clips, etc.)
    I have not as I know with my build the magwell/grip will likely print without having the wing to push it back in towards my body.

Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    I have not as I know with my build the magwell/grip will likely print without having the wing to push it back in towards my body.
    They have integrated wings to tuck the grip, but I do believe they are not as severe as the modwings. I am wondering exactly how they compare though, if it's just ever so slightly less concealment with the built in wedge I may just opt to go with the more plain option.

Site Supporter
    OP-All of the holster makers you mention make great gear. You already have a quality belt as well.

If you are dead set on a G34 w and RMR. Expand you attire beyond an untucked plain t-shirt to untucked and square bottom button up shirts as well as polo shirts (wicking material if you are in a hot clime) They are simply much more forgiving in the concealment department.

I say this as someone who conceals a G35/G34 85-90% of the time AIWB and have done so for nearly 10 years. I am 6'2 ish, 200 ish with a true 34 waist though I buy 36s for more AIWB comfort.

YMMV Greatly,

david of vcdgrips.com

User Tag List