Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Personal Budgeting Software

Hopefully I’m following your question correctly.

I only run Mint on my phone in the app. We tend to order a lot of single items through Amazon so I just jump in the pending transaction section as soon as it post and code it before I forget what it is. If it’s an order that has multiple items I need to split I’ll have the app open on my phone and Amazon order history open on the computer and just run through matching spend and split that way. It’s a little manual but not hard.

I’ve only recently started using the search function in the Mint app but typing Amazon into the search on the transaction page pulls all of the Amazon charges and is a fast way to find what needs coded and what I’ve missed.

I've been lurking, and I haven't read the prior, but I'll put in a vote for You Need a Budget. I'm a big fan of zero-based budgeting… while humbling it's let my family communicate clearly about what we can not and can do, and really has freed me to spend when I can with freedom and without fear that I'm going to end up in a hole as a result.

And yes, there is a Training and Ammo budget category. :P

Feel free to PM me if you have more questions… it's been really helpful to me to talk over it with people who have tried it before me.

User Tag List