Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Safariland Mid Ride Adapter "Flop"

Do you guys realize that the small hole on the UBL is for routing a zip tie through to keep 1.5 and 1.75 belts in place?

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Do you guys realize that the small hole on the UBL is for routing a zip tie through to keep 1.5 and 1.75 belts in place?
    Do you have a link or photo showing that? I’m staring at a UBL and I’m coming up blank.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Do you have a link or photo showing that? I’m staring at a UBL and I’m coming up blank.

Safariland UBL on a 1.5" HSGI belt, secured with two zip ties.

Thank you, picture is worth a thousand words.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

To adapt the UBL to a 1.5" belt, I bought the RDR Gear UBL Belt Width Modification, which does work exactly as I expected. https://rdrgear.com/products/safaril...l-modification

You still have the cant issue, though...

It looks to me as though the Tek-Lok/UBL adaptation, as presented by stomridertx, is superior. Not only does it fix the 'flop', it could easily fix the cant issue too.

I'm very pleased with my True North Modular Holster Adapter.. It's the Gucci solution for sure, but it is very much a tactical version of the BOSS. Very stable, with some adjustment for cant. You can use a Tek-Lok for belt attachment if desired.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I'm very pleased with my True North Modular Holster Adapter.. It's the Gucci solution for sure, but it is very much a tactical version of the BOSS. Very stable, with some adjustment for cant. You can use a Tek-Lok for belt attachment if desired.
    That looks like a great, if spendy, option. Been wanting to drop my ALS lower on my biathlon rig, but also don't want to introduce flop since I'll be running 6-12 miles with it.

How's the True North deal working? Still using it?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    How's the True North deal working? Still using it?
    Yes, I very much like it. It's essentially a tactical version of the BOSS. Admittedly, I haven't subjected it to really hard use.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Yes, I very much like it. It's essentially a tactical version of the BOSS. Admittedly, I haven't subjected it to really hard use.
    What's the setup? QLS fork or direct connect? Tek Lok belt attachment or the TN belt clamp?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

User Tag List