Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Safariland Mid Ride Adapter "Flop"

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    What is the use for this rig- gaming, training, etc...?

Safariland puts the mounting flange in different spots- duty holsters mount near the muzzle end, while the "concealment" ones (6377, 7378, etc..) mount much higher, with the top bolts near the rear sight. I think you're mixing stuff that really isn't meant to work together, between a duty hanger on a 1.5" belt with a concealment height holster shell on a QLS fork. I'm not saying they can't be made to work, but when you add those factors together, I can't say I'm surprised the outcome isn't quite what you hoped for.
    I use mine for range use at home. And with the leg strap I have not had any issues. It works well as a system for its intended use. Honestly I got turned on to the idea by Garandthumb. He uses it quite a bit and seemed to like the setup and height. After trying it for myself, I agree.

It sits at a comfortable height for my reach, I get the gun out of the holster fast with it as well. And I like that I can just swap holster shells for which pistol I am using. If I need a duty holster. I will have a als holster on my belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    I use mine for range use at home. And with the leg strap I have not had any issues. It works well as a system for its intended use. Honestly I got turned on to the idea by Garandthumb. He uses it quite a bit and seemed to like the setup and height. After trying it for myself, I agree.

It sits at a comfortable height for my reach, I get the gun out of the holster fast with it as well. And I like that I can just swap holster shells for which pistol I am using. If I need a duty holster. I will have a als holster on my belt.
    I was more asking for the original poster, as it sounds like he needs to add the leg strap to get his parts and pieces to work the way he wants them to.

Sounds like you've got your rig figured out, and I agree the leg strap works well for that use. I personally use a DFA with a single strap thigh platform, but the only reason I do that over a low-ride duty hanger is so I have a place to mount a bang pouch.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

I found I had the same problem. I trained to draw straight up and have not needed a leg strap. Which was the biggest reason for moving away from a 6004 on a dropleg platform.

Also, make sure the belt loops are not sliding.

I'm about to start running a BOSS DOH hanger with my Safariland tactical gear for work. Nothing else comes close as far as stability and adjustability.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    I'm about to start running a BOSS DOH hanger with my Safariland tactical gear for work. Nothing else comes close as far as stability and adjustability.
    Are you going to run that on a Safariland ALS Duty holster? No leg shroud and strap, right? Hadn't thought of that. I use an ALS with a standard height UBL, but do like the rigidity of the BOSS hanger for gaming. I know they have the adapter...just never thought of it. What belt are you using that on?

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Are you going to run that on a Safariland ALS Duty holster? No leg shroud and strap, right? Hadn't thought of that. I use an ALS with a standard height UBL, but do like the rigidity of the BOSS hanger for gaming. I know they have the adapter...just never thought of it. What belt are you using that on?
    I only wear an ALS for swat missions and training, so I wouldn’t be wearing it all day every day. I use either a crye battle belt or us grunt gear infidel belt for that. I do plan on using it with no leg shroud or strap though.

I got both the leg strap and a second QLS receiver today. The QLS receiver went on a Safariland 745BL belt clip to provide a permanent belt-level mounting system, but the leg strap also fixed my problem entirely. Both of them work just fine with my draw now; depending on how I feel that day I can wear one or the other.

Options are always important.

Apologies as I know this is an old thread, but I have a unique solution. When I encountered this on a 1.5" belt with the UBL I drilled holes and attached a Tek-lok inside the UBL. I placed the spacers of the Tek-lok to match a 1.5 inch belt. This allows me to route the belt through both the UBL and the Tek-Lok and makes it stable on a 1.5 belt without the flop. You also get the option to quick attach the holster to the belt with the Tek-Lok and bypass running the belt through the UBL's slots.
    Name:  20170420_200207.jpg
Views: 2453
Size:  35.4 KB
    Name:  20170420_200246.jpg
Views: 2418
Size:  34.9 KB
    Name:  20170420_204524.jpg
Views: 2481
Size:  32.8 KB
    Name:  20170420_204446.jpg
Views: 2878
Size:  59.0 KB
    Last edited by stomridertx; 03-08-2019 at 04:30 PM.

This is a very neat solution. I'm going to give it a shot work some stuff Ive got laying around

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Decided to do the same mod on mine tonight. Seems to work well with my RHT holster. Used a 5/32" bit to drill pilot holes, then a 13/64" to get them wide enough to run the TekLok threaded nuts into. However, I swapped the Blade-Tech screws for Safariland ones, as the BT screws were only engaging maybe the first half of the threads even without the spacer. The Safariland screws I salvaged from another holster got almost flush without a spacer, so I'm leaving those in there instead. The first photo shows a factory Blade-Tech screw installed at the upper right and the Safariland one on the bottom to give you an idea of how much more thread engagement I'm getting.

Name:  20190320_014751683_iOS.jpg
Views: 3253
Size:  40.1 KB Name:  20190320_015116422_iOS.jpg
Views: 2532
Size:  36.2 KB Name:  20190320_015234823_iOS.jpg
Views: 3513
Size:  32.9 KB

User Tag List