Thread: Ceramic coating

Ceramic coating

I'm in the process of ceramic coating a polymer pistol frame. I plan on removing the mag release and slide stop, and taping off the rest I don't want coated. It needs to be baked at 200 degrees for 2 hours afterward. Can I leave the main parts of the frame in while I bake it? It's all metal or plastic anyway and I'd rather not remove the whole trigger assembly etc.
    Thanks for any replies

I would remove the parts so that you are not outgassing/baking the lube into your ceramic finish. I like my workpiece to be as clean and dry as possible before performing any finish work.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    I would remove the parts so that you are not outgassing/baking the lube into your ceramic finish. I like my workpiece to be as clean and dry as possible before performing any finish work.
    My understanding is that the quality and adhesion of the final coating depends most heavily on the quality of the prior cleaning and preparation of the part to be coated. This would make farscott’s advice the best way to proceed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List