Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nitrided Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley by WMD Guns

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    It's funny. A few days ago, I didn't think I needed a 3-inch Model 13...
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Olong,

Not sure if they pulled the barrel. I may give them a call when I have a moment and find out. Yes, I have had the same understanding regarding stainless that if it is not done correctly it may make it less corrosion resistant or at least not improve it significantly. WMD apparently does the nitride treatment for Sig on their Nitron models that have stainless slides.

Thanks for all the positive comments. I am surprised regarding the number of positive comments as the preferences in revolvers, particularly single actions revolver can be particular. I wish more companies would do the same treatment to their revolvers or design some from the ground up with something like a nickel boron finish.

willie,

This revolver has been very accurate with all of my cast bullet hand loads that I have tried. Doesn't seem to be sensitive at all to the particular load. I have been shooting it really poorly off the bench, I need to work on that. Haven't shot a handgun off a bench in decades. But shooting it offhand out to a little over 40 yards it is very accurate. I'll test it tomorrow if the weather is good with a cast bullet load using Sport Pistol.
    Last edited by DAVIDF; 04-20-2018 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I am super mega ultra ghey for bisley revolvers in large bore calibers...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Same here and proud of it.

Looks great before and after. Who made that holster?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

The holster is from Rob Leahy, https://www.simplyrugged.com/index.cfm. It is the "Loaded Pancake". I believe he stopped making this particular version with the cartridge loops on the body of the holster. He makes it without the loops or his "Texas Pancake" has three cartridge loops on either side of the body of the holster along the belt line.

I like this holster a lot and it is possible to conceal with a loose enough shirt. But the backing of the cartridge loops catch the ejector housing slightly upon holstering. That is probably why he stopped producing this particular model. The holster is very comfortable.

I found out about Simply Rugged holsters from watching Jeff Quinn's (Gunblast) videos.
    Last edited by DAVIDF; 04-20-2018 at 08:06 AM.

Nitrided Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley by WMD Guns

Double post
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 04-20-2018 at 10:20 AM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Nitrided Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley by WMD Guns

I used the same holster (Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake w/o cartridge loops) to carry the SBH Bisley last summer in Alaska. That setup is surprisingly easy to carry and conceal.

Last edited by Clusterfrack; 04-20-2018 at 10:22 AM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

David, that's a handsome gun. I like the nitride over stainless idea for a working gun.

Thank you for posting.

Beautiful guns! I’m a fan of Ruger big-bores too.

Another vote for Rob Leahy. He’s a craftsmen, and will tweak his work to fit your mission. And, as the name reflects, it’s rugged as hell. I’ll be hitting him up for a new rig for my Ruger/Lipsey’s.44 GP100 that’s coming in next week.

civiliandefender.com

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Hmmm...

Name:  RU1768-800.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  23.7 KB

Lipsey's photo, but inpiring "super mega ultra ghey"-ness for a product is fair use, right?
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 04-20-2018 at 12:57 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Hmmm...

Name:  RU1768-800.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  23.7 KB

Lipsey's photo, but inpiring "super mega ultra ghey"-ness for a product is fair use, right?
    I think that's the best looking gun on the market today.

User Tag List