Thread: GO FUND ME Woman kills police officers attacker

GO FUND ME Woman kills police officers attacker

https://www.gofundme.com/kystie039s-best-defense This has been started by a Police Officer who is the departments Firearms and Physical Tactics instructor.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Donated and will spread the word.

Thank you.

The fund is now at a bit over $50,000 of a $300,000 goal.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Vending Machine Operator
    As an attorney myself, $50,000 should be MORE than enough to retain highly competent counsel for the duration of the case.

Not that I object to her getting a nice reward for her heroism, as the brother of an officer myself.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    In between cop jobs I did investigative work for a criminal defense attorney/ civil attorney. It was the most enjoyable job I have ever had, and had he not relocated to the big city I would still be doing it. What made it rewarding and enjoyable was that he was ethical and simply had the mission of keeping the state honest and protecting the rights of his clients to due process. He was not part of the good ol' boy system and was well respected for that. The firm represented cases raging from Capital Murder to public intoxication to divorce, and the relationship with the DA's office was amazing. The DA even wrote me a letter of recommendation based off my work for the defense attorney.

All that to say, he would NEVER have been part of a suit against the woman. I wish more attorneys had his sense of honor and duty/right and wrong.

At least this is a worthy cause to donate to.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    All that to say, he would NEVER have been part of a suit against the woman. I wish more attorneys had his sense of honor and duty/right and wrong.
    There's good people and scummy shitbags in every profession. Legal work just attracts shitbags because it's a market ripe for making a buck off of people's frequent misfortune.

Good lawyers are badass, they do great work.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Looks like the apple didn't fall far from the tree. Donation sent.

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    There's good people and scummy shitbags in every profession. Legal work just attracts shitbags because it's a market ripe for making a buck off of people's frequent misfortune.

Good lawyers are badass, they do great work.
    I agree.

There have been two attorneys that I have gone to trial against in years past whom I have told that if I ever needed an attorney I would seek them out.
    Both were excellent in losing causes. (They could only work with what they had.)

Each was supremely professional, dogged and determined but never succumbed to taking cheap shots, initiating personal attacks or unbecoming tactics during their representation of their clients.

Attorneys like that are a credit to the profession and are admired by judges, juries, prosecutors and law enforcement alike, imho.
    Last edited by blues; 04-19-2018 at 08:04 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    As an attorney myself, $50,000 should be MORE than enough to retain highly competent counsel for the duration of the case.

Not that I object to her getting a nice reward for her heroism, as the brother of an officer myself.
    I would suppose they are considering the need for expert witnesses, etc, however she isn't making any money from it either way:

I have pledged that any funds received above the cost of her legal defense, will be donated to charities; specifically, St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital and the FOP Police Benevolent Fund.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I would suppose they are considering the need for expert witnesses, etc, however she isn't making any money from it either way:
    Missed that somehow. Donated and passed along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List