Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Should You Be The Hero?

If nothing else, the police department/city involved should step up and cover her fees. Don't waste time giving her a participation medal, provide real help instead. Unfortunately the cock suckers in charge, or at least their land shark attorneys, have probably decided that would be unwise. That would be seen as condoning such action and in todays completely screwed up world we can't have that.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    If nothing else, the police department/city involved should step up and cover her fees. Don't waste time giving her a participation medal, provide real help instead. Unfortunately the cock suckers in charge, or at least their land shark attorneys, have probably decided that would be unwise. That would be seen as condoning such action and in todays completely screwed up world we can't have that.
    If a police department tried to use public funds to pay for the defense of a private person, the department would be opening itself up to an action for misuse of public funds. The union, on the other hand ...

She needs to countersue so the ass that filed the suit can eat the lawyers fees. I have a feeling with a good attorney and the LE witnesses, she could easily win.

Back to Good Samartin laws for this stuff. Can you imagine civilian tourniquet use in the days before Good Samaritan protections. It would NEVER happen.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Maybe cause i'm just a hick from the Prairie, but I can't imagine a jury finding against her.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    While I agree with Dagga Boys assessment of the moral state of the world, I cannot help but see that Greg's article is a call to join the rest of the world's moral relativism. I am not at all advocating "playing the hero" for most people in most situations....but if we're to the point of saying that law abiding citizens should avoid helping police officers whose lives are in danger because of perceived liability? Well, we've lost then.....and everyone is truly on their own. Personally, I think this argument is morally bankrupt as a standard for society. Since I believe I'll answer to a higher authority than my local civil court, I'll act accordingly.

CWM11B
    I'll echo the "It depends where you are" train of thought. In NC, if the act was ruled lawful defense of self or others, you immune from civil liability. If the officer requests assistance from a citizen, the citizen enjoys some level of qualified immunity, although I would have to refresh myself on the details. Coming to the aid of a uniformed officer being attacked would not be a problem for me. Due to a nuance of NC self defense law, I would be more prone to dialing 911 in a situation where folks were unknown to me in plainclothes attire.

“Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

People either feel compelled to help others, or they don't. They either see someone in dire need of assistance and instinctually help, or they whip out their cell phones and start recording for "likes".

People or agencies being sued by the families of criminals looking for a quick buck, isn't new. The world has enough selfish bastards, let's not try to talk good people out of being good and give them the benefit of the doubt that they've accepted the risks.

I have already thought about this long ago, when I started to carry a firearm for protection.

I look in the mirror when I shave, so the decision was somewhat straightforward.

I am not saying it was quick. But I had already examined my beliefs before I carried the gun.

"Back the Blue" should be more than a slogan on a car bumper.

I’ve wondered about this same type of scenario in the past. Helping an LEO is a no brainer to me.
    I struggle with two adult male fighting with each other. How do you identify who the good/bad guy is?
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

User Tag List