Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gen 5 G26

G26.5 with SCD would be my choice between the two. Much like Psalms144.1, I never warmed up to the LEM, but I didn't give it nearly as much time as he did. I owned a P30 v2 pre-Gadget, so my favorite feature on the P30 was a hammer to thumb when holstering, but the SCD now remedies that for Glock. I also loved the ergo's on the P30, and I've gone so far as to say it's the best feeling handgun ever, to me (still feel the same), but I wasn't nearly as consistent out of the holster as I am with the more rectangular/flat gripped Glocks. Even if the triggers were similar, I'd choose Glock for presentation/repeatability reasons.

I guess the G5 G26 is GTG, I guess I’ll buy one of them as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    Now I guess my debate would be the G26 or P30sk LEM, both of which I never owned. I have way more experience with Glock but I like the additional “safety” of the LEM as discussed by many here.
    FWIW I just traded in a P30SK LEM V1 in on a Glock 26.5.

I have yet to shoot the G26.

The P30SK I had 700+ rounds through, and took it through my Rangemaster Combative Pistol Course with Tom Givens last summer.

I liked: The grip panels and ergonomics, the perception of safety afforded by the long 1" travel trigger. The pistol was accurate and malfunction free.

I did not like: The trigger, as far as shooting was concerned, and having to perform mag changes under pressure with the short grip.

I am nowhere close to being a good shooter, and I just could not wrap my head around the LEM. It did not help that I was shooting a VP9 concurrently. Switching back and forth was no bueno. Someone like @GJM can do stuff like that; I can't.

Last year I traded the VP9 for a Glock 19.5, and this past week traded for the G26.5.

Both my Glocks are equipped with SCDs/Gadgets, so I can "thumb the hammer" on both while holstering. Both have the smoother, rolling break press associated with the Gen 5. Both have Ameriglo Orange front sights and either Dawson black steel (G19) or Glock Night (G26) rear sights.

As say, I have yet to shoot the G26 (bought it a few days ago, just have not gotten to the range) but I really like the feel of it so far.

Hope this helps.

Do you guys find that with the 2 finger grip, the G26 gen 4 finger bumps helped, VS the gen 5?

I have a 26.5 and am very impressed with it. Mine is accurate and easy shooting, and I prefer the lack of finger grooves compared to my 33.4.

Does the G26 fit in 17 holsters from JMCK or DSG?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    Does the G26 fit in 17 holsters from JMCK or DSG?
    Depends. My G26.3 fits in a G19 RCS and Galco Leather G17 holster, but I'm told that many kydex holsters require adjustment to accommodate a G26, of whatever gen it may be.

I had a 26.5 briefly. It shot well for it's size and was surprisingly accurate. I put right at 1500 rounds through it before it went away with my 19s. The trigger pin walked out twice. Not sure what to think about it, but it happened. I pushed it back in and kept shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I had a 26.5 briefly. It shot well for it's size and was surprisingly accurate. I put right at 1500 rounds through it before it went away with my 19s. The trigger pin walked out twice. Not sure what to think about it, but it happened. I pushed it back in and kept shooting.
    You are the master of Glock fails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: LEM vs Glock

If Glock made reliable 10 round mags I would be very happy carrying my 17.5s over my worked over P30/P2000s. I’ve been very pleased with how the Gen5s shoot. There’s something about the flat front strap and new trigger that is really nice.

But since full size 10 rounders are not reliable, I’m going to start carrying the HKs. Since our sheriff thinks it’s a good idea that I have to declare I am carrying at traffic stops, I figure the chances that I am stopped for a burnt out headlight which lead to being wrongly hauled off to jail for carrying standard magazines as I drive my son to preschool are higher, than using my gun. I don’t have room in my life for that kind of adventure right now.

User Tag List