Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI dropping Gold Dot G2?

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    My need for high performance ammo isn’t outweighed by my Hebrew sensibilities. As long as it’s affordable (in case lots) flies straight and ignites reliably, I’m happy.

civiliandefender.com
    I think you mean "Scottish" sensibilities.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I think you mean "Scottish" sensibilities.
    And some of us--like me--can claim they are indeed "Scottish" sensibilities. Although there is a potential difference. If the price is cheap enough, it does not stress me to buy retail . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    And some of us--like me--can claim they are indeed "Scottish" sensibilities. Although there is a potential difference. If the price is cheap enough, it does not stress me to buy retail . . . .
    Oy vey. We need to talk.

(I don't mind either. Must be my mother's side's Sicilian influence. Though they'd probably just steal the stuff regardless of reasonable price. )

Disclaimer: This is meant as humor and not a denigration of any of the proud heritages mentioned. If you can't deal with it, file a retainer with Jeep.
    Last edited by blues; 04-19-2018 at 06:41 PM. Reason: typo
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Next thing you know we will be hearing that it turns out that shot placement is more important than the precise new wonder bullet one buys.

Go figure.
    You know, I’ve worked with them a bunch. Never heard any of them say the ammo was more important than shot placement. But I am glad they test ammo and keep pushing the manufacturers to improve. No other agency has the ability or budget to do that.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    You know, I’ve worked with them a bunch. Never heard any of them say the ammo was more important than shot placement. But I am glad they test ammo and keep pushing the manufacturers to improve. No other agency has the ability or budget to do that.
    True dat.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Oh most definitely. Don’t stop improving because what we have now has been determined to be “good enough”. But some people seem to really get worked up about one load penetrating an extra inch here or getting slightly less deviation there. Bullets do funny things, but you can’t control them once they leave the muzzle. Be the best muzzle virgin bullet manager you can be!

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Oy vey. We need to talk.

(I don't mind either. Must be my mother's side's Sicilian influence. Though they'd probably just steal the stuff regardless of reasonable price. )

Disclaimer: This is meant as humor and not a denigration of any of the proud heritages mentioned. If you can't deal with it, file a retainer with Jeep.
    I deny everything and I especially deny that I now have, or ever had, a sense of humor!

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by PearTree View Post
    To say I am unimpressed with hornadys qc is an understatement. We issue the 135+p critical duty and I believe we are on the third lot of ammo due to various issues in the first two lots. Recent ois's do not inspire confidence either. So as always ymmv

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    I agree. I understand anecdotes aren't data, but I've never been impressed by a box of Hornady ammo and I've purchased quite a few over the years. I will stick with ATK/Federal. I am very close to switching from 124 +P Gold Dot to 147-grain HST standard pressure purely for works-the-same-few-bucks-cheaper reasons, provided my guns will eat it.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 04-20-2018 at 06:52 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I agree. I understand anecdotes aren't data, but I've never been impressed by a box of Hornady ammo and I've purchased quite a few over the years. I will stick with ATK/Federal. I am very close to switching from 124 +P Gold Dot to 147-grain HST standard pressure purely for works-the-same-few-bucks-cheaper reasons, provided my guns will eat it.
    I am doing the same for precisely the same reason. Saving bucks for equal performance is a good thing.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I’ve seen lost of .gov pistol rounds go downrange over the past 20 years and Federal / ATK / Speer have had the most consistent QC and the least issues.

User Tag List