Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI dropping Gold Dot G2?

@John Hearne and I attended the FBI Patrol Rifle Instructor school a couple of weeks ago. The FBI guys said that they were about to announce a new 9mm duty round. They did not know what round it would be.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    G2 is a much better performer than gold dot in several areas, the most important one being consistency of performance, I.e. extremely low standard deviation regardless of what intermediate barrier it passes through first.
    Okay. Then now I really wonder what the FBI has found that betters it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 04-18-2018 at 07:42 PM.

Wasn't the G2 development by Speer in conjunction with the FBI to meet their needs? Now, after two or so years, they found something "better". Or maybe realized it's not all that and a bag of chips.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Okay. Then now I really wonder what the FBI has found that betters it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    An almost identical round from another manufacturer.

Probably the all new federal hydroshock deep ?? I sent two boxes of G2 back to speer because I had lots of them fail to expand thru denim, they replaced it with with regular 147gr Golddots ..

Site Supporter
    A Hornady rep I saw this evening had a very large grin on his face when asked about the Bureau and new ammo. I'm guessing it will be 135 Critical Duty +P. Hornady has been converting agencies all over Texas lately and I think they've snagged some Fed contracts besides the FBI.
    Last edited by Wayne Dobbs; 04-18-2018 at 09:47 PM.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

It is amazing how the web sniffs out news. It may often be half wrong, but there is often a kernel of truth in there somewhere. Remember the 320.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I asked one of the FI’s at the local FBI office this afternoon, and was told what others have posted. There will be a change coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    A Hornady rep I saw this evening had a very large grin on his face when asked about the Bureau and new ammo. I'm guessing it will be 135 Critical Duty +P. Hornady has been converting agencies all over Texas lately and I think they've snagged some Fed contracts besides the FBI.
    If it's true, I'm glad the feebs finally saw things my way.

Sadly, they aren't listening when it comes to shotguns.
    Last edited by jlw; 04-18-2018 at 10:15 PM.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    I question whether they could maintain the QC to hold an FBI contract. I know of at least one agency that returned a bunch of their 5.56 that wouldn’t go bang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List