Page 44 of 78 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk me out of a Porsche Cayman

Hammertime
    https://www.motortrend.com/cars/chev...n-test-review/

As much as I feel like I deserve a Porsche some time in life, I don't see that ever happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    https://www.motortrend.com/cars/chev...n-test-review/

As much as I feel like I deserve a Porsche some time in life, I don't see that ever happening.
    There’s a lot of folks at my fancy pants German car forum who have deposits on a C8 for a fun track car. It has a lot to offer providing it doesn’t have any first-year production issues. I wish Chevy well and hope they sell a ton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Misc. Log Update

24,000 miles.

The ‘star’ ding in the windscreen seems to have stabilized. So far so good.

Getting the parts and supplies together for an early oil change. Should be fairly simple; filter cartridge from Pelican, oil from Amazon. The sump is polymer, so you need to renew the plastic 90° twist drain plug. Access is via the hatch. Takes 8.0l or about 8.5q; it’s a dry sump w 13l total capacity. Factory fill is M1 0W-40 to A40 spec. Plan is mid November after driving in a tank w a bottle of Techroline. Probably not needed but I tend to overthink this.

The P Zero Tires are at 6.0mm all around. I’ve shelved upgrading them to Michelin P4S at $1,522 plus mounting and balancing for now. Maybe next year.

Only upcoming service is plugs are to be renewed at 30k. Seems early to me but that’s their service schedule. Given it’s CPO I’ll probably do that since it’s under warranty. At the dealer most likely since at age 60 I’m not sure I want to do the contortionist thing on the creeper for 6 coil on plug assemblies.

German parliament voted against a general speed limit on the "Autobahn": 498 contra, 121 pro. The Green party tried to forbid it.

So, RJ, the few spare parts that your Porsche needs will still be produced in the future.
    Last edited by P30; 10-19-2019 at 03:10 AM.

Talk me out of a Porsche Cayman

Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    German parliament voted against a general speed limit on the "Autobahn": 498 contra, 121 pro. The Green party tried to forbid it.

So, RJ, the few spare parts that your Porsche needs will still be produced in the future.
    Ausgezeichnit!

Darf Ich mein Deutsch üben?

Ja, es fält mich sehr, an Autobahn Fahren. Mein ersta mal war in Sennelager, 2002 oder 2003. Mein Hertz MBZ Uber 160+ kph. Aber ein Oma in ein Opel hat mich bis 200+ Kph fahren nach mir lol. Man muß immer am rechts.

(I am pretty rusty but I hope that’s ^^^ at least partly understandable. I need to practice more. )

Last edited by RJ; 10-19-2019 at 06:03 AM.

Ich habe genau verstanden, was Du meinst. Und Deine Begeisterung hat man auch gespürt.
    Last edited by P30; 10-19-2019 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Ausgezeichnit!

Darf Ich mein Deutsch üben?

Ja, es fält mich sehr, an Autobahn Fahren. Mein ersta mal war in Sennelager, 2002 oder 2003. Mein Hertz MBZ Uber 160+ kph. Aber ein Oma in ein Opel hat mich bis 200+ Kph fahren nach mir lol. Man muß immer am rechts.

(I am pretty rusty but I hope that’s ^^^ at least partly understandable. I need to practice more. )

For those playing at home: Basically, i thought I was doing pretty good in my rental MBZ at 100+, when I was passed by a Grandmother doing 140. In an Opel.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Ja, es fält mich sehr, an Autobahn Fahren.

4 tips for driving on the Autobahn

I drive there a lot (as commuter and motorbike enthusiast). This works for me (learned it on race tracks, but on the Autobahn it also helps):

It's the difference in speed that is dangerous
    It's not so much your speed that is dangerous. But the difference in speed compared to other cars. So I only drive fast, if the cars on the lanes beside me are also fast or not there.

Der Blick pendelt weit voraus
    Don't know how to say this in English. Trial: Your vision focus should swing far ahead. This gives you more time to react and to think ahead.

Always keep a cool head
    I suppose you already do because you did not start a race with the 200 kph grandma.

Expect others to make mistakes
    My mother keeps telling me that since 30 years. She's right.
    Last edited by P30; 10-19-2019 at 07:45 AM.

I recently had the pleasure of being late to a meeting in Papenburg, starting out from Hamburg in an SLC. That route always has a lot of construction but there were bursts. I wound up being less late than anticipated.
    Ignore Alien Orders

What is up with “racing fuel,” meaning 100 octane for use in a Porsche?

At some point I need to organize my thoughts, but the Porsche Experience Center in LA is an amazing experience.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List