Page 43 of 78 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk me out of a Porsche Cayman

Rich,
    I’ve found the chemical much less important than the pad used to remove the love bugs.

I suggest you buy one of the sonax sponges, they work incredibly and I’ve tried a lot of bug sponges.

https://www.autogeek.net/sonax-insect-sponge.html

Also, if you are looking for a bug remover poorboys world bug squash is my favorite value wise. If money is no object sonax insect cleaner, nextzett anti insect, or kenotek anti insect would be my pick.

Love bugs are horrendous for clearcoat and will etch in a few hours if left alone. I always keep a clean microfiber towel and some quick detailer to get them off immediately and avoid the etching.

Quote Originally Posted by PearTree View Post
    Rich,
    I’ve found the chemical much less important than the pad used to remove the love bugs.

I suggest you buy one of the sonax sponges, they work incredibly and I’ve tried a lot of bug sponges.

Also, if you are looking for a bug remover poorboys world bug squash is my favorite value wise. If money is no object sonax insect cleaner, nextzett anti insect, or kenotek anti insect would be my pick.

Love bugs are horrendous for clearcoat and will etch in a few hours if left alone. I always keep a clean microfiber towel and some quick detailer to get them off immediately and avoid the etching.
    Or go all baller and CQuartz Finest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by PearTree View Post
    Rich,

Thanks, yeah lol I have this one in my cart already:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...H21TGL3P&psc=1

Update on the car: After sitting in the sun at work yesterday, driving home I noticed that the windshield ding/repair is slightly more noticeable than I had thought, as the resin appears not to have gotten all the way in. It is what it is though, and just appears as a very thin faint 3/8" line. So I will keep an eye on it. Mainly I want the damage not to propagate. If things deteriorate I'll have to re-evaluate but my hope is that it stabilizes. It is a four year old used car after all so it's not like it's brand spanking new. I am loathe to get a new windshield that is not installed at the factory.

I also computed the actual mpg for the trip, and we got 30.4 mpg up to Atlanta and back to Tampa, and I was not exactly hanging about with the handbrake on, either. Normally I'm around 22.5 commuting and what not, driving in Sport Mode on the selector all the time.
    Last edited by RJ; 09-25-2019 at 04:55 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Thanks, yeah lol I have this one in my cart already:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...H21TGL3P&psc=1

Update on the car: After sitting in the sun at work yesterday, driving home I noticed that the windshield ding/repair is slightly more noticeable than I had thought, as the resin appears not to have gotten all the way in. It is what it is though, and just appears as a very thin faint 3/8" line. So I will keep an eye on it. Mainly I want the damage not to propagate. If things deteriorate I'll have to re-evaluate but my hope is that it stabilizes. It is a four year old used car after all so it's not like it's brand spanking new. I am loathe to get a new windshield that is not installed at the factory.

I also computed the actual mpg for the trip, and we got 30.4 mpg up to Atlanta and back to Tampa, and I was not exactly hanging about with the handbrake on, either. Normally I'm around 22.5 commuting and what not, driving in Sport Mode on the selector all the time.
    Living in Atlanta, long commutes, etc. - all my cars have rock damage on windshield. USAA will fix cracks, etc. free so all of my cars have a repaired crack, etc. and none have ever propagated further. I also do not want to break the seal on a factory windshield or pay the deductible.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Congrats on a double P car stable mi amigo, feel like sharing any details/pics of The Boss’s new ride?
    Finally got a chance to grab a quick picture of the Boss’s car:

She’s pretty happy, overall vs her LX350 Lexus. Nice features, tech is up to date with all the latest stuff.

Driving it is nice, but obviously when I get out of my car and into the Cayenne, it feels big and top heavy. But for an SUV it moves along fairly well.

One unplanned dealer visit; we had an intermittent fault fallout on the signal mirror. This turned out to be a harness not clicked in all the way on that door assy. Otherwise no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like the Boss's ride & sorta hard to tell but did you get her PDLS on the front end?

Like the Boss's ride & sorta hard to tell but did you get her PDLS on the front end?
    Yes sir, came with the Premium option she selected.

I’m ambivalent on it. I have it on the 991.2 and I find it mildly distracting to watch the headlight beam swing left and right with the turns as I go to work at o dark thirty.

Yes sir, came with the Premium option she selected.

I’m ambivalent on it. I have it on the 991.2 and I find it mildly distracting to watch the headlight beam swing left and right with the turns as I go to work at o dark thirty.
    Def. a subjective option, had it first on an '08 Touareg & on my Macan S but not on my CGTS now & do miss it, first world problems for sure.
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 09-26-2019 at 04:05 PM.

Def. a subjective option, had it first on an '08 Touareg & on my Macan S but not on my CGTS now & do miss it, first world problems for sure.
    I should add that it certainly works, for sure; I'm just not normally hareing down the Mulsanne approaching "the kink" at 170+. At night.

Now I think about it, I had it on my E92 M3 as well. It is a cool concept, but the German standard lights are so well designed (which being for ze Autobahn have to) and bright that to be honest (being an engineer) it's something else that can go wrong (IMHO). But those that find it useful, absolutely no issue with that. The system definitely does what it says.

Update on the car: After sitting in the sun at work yesterday, driving home I noticed that the windshield ding/repair is slightly more noticeable than I had thought, as the resin appears not to have gotten all the way in. It is what it is though, and just appears as a very thin faint 3/8" line.
    Well crap, now coming out of work today I noticed another couple lines have emerged from the center. The original damage that looked almost clear Monday after the repair now looks not unlike an old "Chrysler" star. Hmmm. Guess I'm going to have to wait and see how this resolves.

User Tag List