Page 65 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk me out of a Porsche Cayman

Ultimate winter daily driver to accompany my Cayman, but it'd require me financing $160k.

What did they say for an estimated delivery window, @JCN?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

There are about 2,500 +/- being made, so it will be a lot easier to make GM than score one of these. The two dealers I know say availability is currently unknown.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    There are about 2,500 +/- being made, so it will be a lot easier to make GM than score one of these. The two dealers I know say availability is currently unknown.
    Lol, you’re such a negative Nancy!

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Ultimate winter daily driver to accompany my Cayman, but it'd require me financing $160k.

What did they say for an estimated delivery window, @JCN?
    I give it a less than 10% chance that I’ll actually get one.

But since we are repeat, cash paying customers with GT3s to trade in we get bumped up the list at our dealership per them. They typically get a couple high end special allocations for each run.

So maybe, maybe not.

Not really a big deal though.

I could buy a used turbo and pay a local shop some dollars to put in a lift kit and fab up some skid plates if I really had do.

This is more just of a “hey if it happens, great!” thing.

As my wife too often finds occasion to say, "Uh-huh . . . explain to me AGAIN how you 'need' that."

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    But since we are repeat, cash paying customers with GT3s to trade in we get bumped up the list at our dealership per them.
    Have you considered commissioning Singer or a similar shop to build you a Singer ACS-style rally car?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

An off-road 911 is simultaneously ridiculous and irresistible-- the ultimate trailhead car.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Have you considered commissioning Singer or a similar shop to build you a Singer ACS-style rally car?
    When we got into racing initially we did a lot of custom ridiculous builds that were humongous headaches!

These days I’m more of a mass produced fan.

The appeal for Porsches instead of McLarens or Ferraris is the ability to have parts availability and a dealer network.

How long would that engine replacement have taken at an “exotic” dealer?

I value that more than exclusivity for the sake of exclusivity.

It’s like the reason I like CZs (and now Glocks again) as main use firearms.

About 7 years ago when I was looking at GTRs, the thing that sold me was the Japanese factory winter testing where they designed the front end to stand up to crashing through snowbanks and being driven.

It has held up extremely well, but when there’s a foot of snow I’ll take something with more ground clearance. I don’t expect something like this would meaningfully change things.

Still love my Subarus.

Subaru Outback Wilderness and a Porsche 911 Dakar are the car equivalents of a Glock 19/P365 battery.

Name:  1A972B7B-36FE-4320-937D-AEDDFDCFD991.jpeg
Views: 203
Size:  93.6 KB

Name:  B1800D96-7F98-4C31-A7C3-05DAD4A34C4B.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  52.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    There are about 2,500 +/- being made, so it will be a lot easier to make GM than score one of these.
    Before or after classifiers' change?

Good luck to you all in your attempts of getting one.
    Last edited by YVK; 11-18-2022 at 03:49 PM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List