Page 39 of 78 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk me out of a Porsche Cayman

Talk me out of a Porsche Cayman

Misc. Log Update
    7 June 2019 54,442 Miles

Well my time with the Cayman S has come to an end.

Monday I will be submitting the For Sale Ad on www.pca.org to sell the car, to another enthusiast.

It’s a hugely enjoyable car that puts a ear to ear grin on my face every time I drive it. It’s also just a bit too small, inside, really, for practical use, so I’ll be moving to something bigger.

I’ll miss it.

Last edited by RJ; 06-07-2019 at 06:02 PM.

Site Supporter
    Any ideas what you’ll be moving to?

Quote Originally Posted by EricP View Post
    Any ideas what you’ll be moving to?

We flew up to NYC to take look at this one-owner CPO ‘17 991.2 yesterday.

The numbers just worked, so we bought it, and are in the process of driving it back to Tampa. 500 miles today and we are overnighting in Rocky Mount NC.

Been looking at 911’s for a while, but finding the right car (silver/black interior, 7MT, Sport Chrono) at the right price point in the right condition with the right history has been tricky.
    Last edited by RJ; 06-07-2019 at 06:18 PM.

Like Paulie Walnuts said in the Sopranos, "A Boxster is a Porsche with panties on." I would love a Cayman or Boxster though.

Congrats.
    Last edited by rayrevolver; 06-08-2019 at 09:28 PM.

Site Supporter
    Moving to something bigger inside = 911? I thought you would get another RAM!

I just traded in my 2011 BMW 335i coupe on a 2019 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6 for our pending retirement traveling mobile.
    Last edited by ranger; 06-09-2019 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Moving to something bigger inside = 911?
    In theory, a 911 has two more seats than a Boxster/Cayman, so clearly it's HUGE by comparison.

Congrats Rich, looking forward to a continuation of this thread or a sim. one detailing your time w/ that 911.

Nice that you stayed the course w/ a stick plus GT silver? and FWIW I've just crossed over 1K in my CGTS.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Congrats Rich, looking forward to a continuation of this thread or a sim. one detailing your time w/ that 911.

Nice that you stayed the course w/ a stick plus GT silver?
    Yes sir. 7MT.

Congrats on the GTS. They are awesome.

I’d be happy keeping thread going, but I dunno how much interest there would be. My reasons for the transition included other things unique to our situation (we wanted a Coupé, long term, to travel in and there’s just zip for extra space in a Cayman. No room really for the Mini Schnauzer, for sure. ). I’ll grab a pic of the rear seats, hold one sec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cayman S Behind Front Seat:

911 Behind Front Seats:

Big plus interior room. Rear seats fold down to make a ‘shelf’ apparently, as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Props on getting the multi-function steering wheel & sport chrono, you WILL enjoy those options.

Are those seats also heated/cooled? Asking as I see the perfs. that would allow the cooling function which I had on another P car & used often here in Tejas.
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 06-09-2019 at 03:03 PM.

User Tag List