Thread: RFI: LCT from Kempf

RFI: LCT from Kempf

I'm considering dipping my toe in the reloading water and have kinda settled on the Lee Classic Turret Kit. A couple people in other threads mentioned the Kempf deal. Compared to the factory listing, it looks like it's missing the scale and book and maybe a couple other bits.

What else do I need to get started? Just a good scale and reloading manual?
    David S.

You'll also want something to clean and/or polish your fired brass. A tumbler of some sort.

Regarding the manual; the Lyman manuals have always been a pretty good source for data as well as reloading instruction.

Buy with confidence from Kempf. I've referred a number of people their way for their LCT kit. They omit Lee's scale because it's a turd; you'll likely be happier with a good electronic scale or something like Dillon's Eliminator. The auto-drum powder measure upgrade is highly-recommended - it worked really well for me when I ran an LCT.

After that you're going to need at a minimum some brass, bullets, primers and powder of course plus a sturdy bench, a brass tumbler, cleaning media, media separator (a rotary one works well) and some case polish and lube. Oh, and don't forget a bullet puller for those loads that you're guaranteed to honk up occasionally.

While I did buy a few manuals myself I learned a lot more by talking with experienced loaders when I first started. Shoot me a PM - I'll be happy to take a call or two and answer any questions you have.
    Last edited by ER_STL; 04-17-2018 at 04:59 PM.

User Tag List