Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Kit setup: Light and fast or heavy and steady?

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    All of my HTC bat-belt components are now disassembled into traditional stand-alone components. FWIW, we stopped issuing the full HTC bat-belt. The current issue still includes the inner/outer HTC Velcro belt system, but it's pretty much settled that attaching your pouches (current issue is both Raven and HSGI tacos) directly to the belt itself is a better option than the bat-belt.

As for concealment, I agree with JDD. A quick-don inner/outer belt setup doesn't conceal nearly as well as actual concealment gear setup directly on a single rigid belt. With the former, I need to wear shirts a size up (noticeably large on me) or use a jacket. With the latter, I can wear my regular shirts. We've had a bunch of guys try to use these setups in a suit, as well, to limited success. The inner/outer belt idea is more for reduced signature profiles as opposed to actual concealment, if that makes sense....so it might be exactly what you're looking for.

In which case, find an inner/outer belt system you like and just put whatever pouches you like best on it. I use the HSGI tacos for that because they're collapsible and less prone to be damaged in our expeditionary mission set....some of the other taco pouches being discussed in another current thread are probably a better option. I personally find the HSGIs to be difficult to re-"holster" your spent or partially used mags when you can't visualize them and are wearing lots of gear, a concealment garment, etc.

BFG Ten-Speed pouches are also very popular as HeyScooter mentioned.

Priorities.

This man gets it.
    If you can't unload and show clear, you have no business operatin'.

I find baby wipes are great, but as soon as you break the seal on the packet they are liable to start drying out (including pinhole punctures from knocking around the bottom of a pack). The flattened TP roll in a ziplock is not quite as cleansing, but it is a bit more robust.

When packing kit that has as much to do with guns as anything else....

I pack a well stocked, universal first aid kit, that has Immodium and Benadryl in it. And a separate trauma kit.

For butt wipes, I'm using these: https://www.dollarshaveclub.com/our-products/fresh

Individually packaged wipes work just fine and keep you clean and flush. They don't dry out like the multi-packs do. They are more expensive, but they are flat and easy to pack. I keep a ~dozen in my EDC bag at all times. And another ~dozen or so in my travel kit bag.

As for weapons loadouts. Light. I'm not LE/MIL, but I've seen a couple of demonstrations here in Chicago where the idea of a long-arm or a lot of bullets doesn't make me feel insane. Leaving town and ending up in one of those is as likely as anything else. In those scenarios, though compact, concealable, firepower and a few reloads will do.

I typically go with a double-stack pistol and 4-spare mags. Although my next big "long-gun" purchase will be one of the mag-fed Mossberg 590 shockwaves, with a red-dot on it. The type of thing that you can conceal in a backpack or messenger bag, but provides additional, genuine, stopping power, over a handgun.

User Tag List