Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Kit setup: Light and fast or heavy and steady?

One of the great secrets, and a means of telling who really has done a bunch of this stuff in the past, is the toilet paper load out. When I was working the private sector and contracting stuff I not only always had a roll of TP in my bag, but a pack of baby wipes. Often, you are having to use porta-potties or anything you can find for a bathroom, and most are ill equipped for proper clean up. Add to that questionable food sources and it is a combo issue. I have gotten various varieties of food poisoning and bad stomach issues on details and the reality is that nobody gives a crap about your crap issues. REAL load out stuff has several concoctions for traditional illness and stomach ailments plus aches and pains and boo boo fixes. Nighttime Thera Flu has saved my ass more times than another thirty round magazine has on critical stuff.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 04-26-2018 at 08:22 AM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    One of the great secrets, and a means of telling who really has done a bunch of this stuff in the past, is the toilet paper load out. When I was working the private sector and contracting stuff I not only always had a roll of TP in my bag, but a pack of baby wipes. Often, you are having to use porta-potties or anything you can find for a bathroom, and most are ill equipped for proper clean up. Add to that questionable food sources and it is a combo issue. I have gotten various varieties of food poisoning and bad stomach issues on details and the reality is that nobody gives a crap about your crap issues. REAL load out stuff has several concoctions for traditional illness and stomach ailments plus aches and pains and boo boo fixes. Nighttime Thera Flu has saved my ass more times than another thirty round magazine has on critical stuff.
    Pro tip on the TP: if you remove the cardboard tube from the roll, the TP can be better flattened for more compact storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    Pro tip on the TP: if you remove the cardboard tube from the roll, the TP can be better flattened for more compact storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Storage efficiency based on both size and performance was why I always liked baby wipes.....
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

TP tip, flatten it and put it in at least 1 heavy duty zip lock.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angus McFee View Post
    I think it was DB who pointed out that it would make far more sense for the vast majority of people to get really good with what they actually carry.
    I still don't own a carbine for that reason... I don't have gobs of gun money to throw around, so handguns and handgun ammo always ends up being the most sensible investment.

REAL load out stuff has several concoctions for traditional illness and stomach ailments plus aches and pains and boo boo fixes.
    When you're sliding into first, and you feel something burst... thank god one more time for single-use packets of Imodium
    Last edited by Nephrology; 04-27-2018 at 11:04 PM.

First, TP. I think one of the reasons my wife married me was because on an early date/hike/picinic she needed some tp while in the woods. Guess who brought some in with the food?

I've taken hits to my front SAPI plates overseas that without a doubt saved my life. I now keep a carrier next to my bed with a few interceptors for back up(one in the car,etc)

It's slick and weighs 12lbs Attachment 25841
    I routinely run 3-5 miles in it and shoot with it a couple times per month. I carry aiwb now and practice such.

I can throw a chest rig on if I want over it, keep my edc on or switch on a padded hsgi war belt with 3 pistol mags, 2 rifle mags, tq, Band-Aids, etc.

I also have individual kydex pouches with Raven qms that I could throw on my pants belt to add an extra pistol and rifle mag that I can conceal with a t-shirt. Or my new tyr tactical belt I've been using the last couple months.

It really depends on the circumstances. I do believe the most likely scenario that I might face, that requires more than my verbal de-escalation skills, is just my edc.

From there it goes to mental masterbation which includes up to zombies. Which I enjoy.

So if there is an event where I'm at home and makes me go "oh shit" it's time to go babe! I'm throwing on my plates and ACH. I always have my edc on me, even at home and see what's up. My HD carbine has a p40 loaded with 40rd of 77grain handloads if I need them.

Anyways. I think I'm rambling.
    Last edited by 03RN; 04-28-2018 at 03:29 AM.

I think my office just ordered a bunch of those plate carriers. Tell me more about it.

Quote Originally Posted by heyscooter View Post
    I think my office just ordered a bunch of those plate carriers. Tell me more about it.
    It's a BCS carrier. Very well made. Considering there is no padding it is very comfortable, even while running. You can adjust the elastic to be snug so it doesn't bounce yet gives enough to breath.

Mine is a large to fit large SAPIs. I could probably get away with mediums of both. I'm 5'11" 215.

I am a HUGE fan of SneakyBags stuff for most of these scenarios.

FYI, for all interested, Sneaky Bags currently has all three sizes of SUB's for 50% off.

https://sneakybags.com/collections/sale

I couldn't pass up $62.50 for a medium.

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-04-28 at 3.18.36 PM.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  30.0 KB

Storage efficiency based on both size and performance was why I always liked baby wipes.....
    My son is old enough to not need baby wipes, and I still buy em by the case. The packs that are about a pound, are great to stash everywhere. Paired with a roll of dog poop bags, you can clean and contain a mess, pretty well

User Tag List