Thread: Barbara Bush Is Headed to Hospice

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

Barbara Bush Is Headed to Hospice

From Dallas Morning News:

Former First Lady Barbara Bush, 92, will not seek additional medical treatment and will focus instead on "comfort care," according to a statement from the office of George H. W. Bush.

The announcement comes after her recent series of hospitalizations, the statement says.

"It will not surprise those who know her that Barbara Bush has been a rock in the face of her failing health, worrying not for herself — thanks to her abiding faith — but for others," the statement reads in part.

The former first lady is surrounded by her family and appreciates the kind messages and prayers she has been receiving, the statement said.

She was hospitalized for bronchitis treatment in January 2017 along with her husband, who was being treated for pneumonia.

The Bushes were married Jan. 6, 1945.
    Sad news.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Sad news.
    Indeed it is.

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device using Tapatalk
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    It is very sad that her life is coming to an end.

It is relieving that she is opting to avoid the indignity of a medically prolonged and uncomfortable end.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

A great lady and an outstanding American.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Barbara died yesterday evening. From BBC News:

Barbara Bush, the former US first lady and literacy campaigner, has died at the age of 92.

She was the matriarchal figure of a political dynasty that included two presidents - her husband George HW Bush and son George W Bush.

Mrs Bush, who was first lady from 1989 to 1993, had been in failing health for some time and had declined further medical treatment.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    We lost a very decent person. Rare to find nowadays.

Elegant and classy Lady.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

George H. W. Bush admitted to the ICU with what appears to be severe sepsis. It would not surprise me if he decides to join his wife - his job is done here.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ush/index.html
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    George H. W. Bush admitted to the ICU with what appears to be severe sepsis. It would not surprise me if he decides to join his wife - his job is done here.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ush/index.html
    In my line of work I see this often. It's something I never really thought of or noticed before, but it happens like this pretty often that a couple married for many many years go real close together. Didn't care a lot for the positions of late, but they both lived life very very well. Godspeed to both of them.

User Tag List