Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Model 28-2

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Straight from that gunshop to a gas station to buy a Powerball ticket I hope.
    No, he used up all of his luck on that Model 28.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Are you guys forgetting that on a classic firearm a little rust is not referred to as "rust" but rather "patina."
    /pinky-up
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Wow.

I would have been pleased to find a somewhat worn GP100 for that price.

What was the LGS thinking?
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Wow.

I would have been pleased to find a somewhat worn GP100 for that price.

What was the LGS thinking?
    A lot of shops don't focus on the vintage stuff and neither do their customers. The range where I do most of my shooting really caters to the mall ninja/ wannabe operator crowd. They sell a wide selection of ARs, as well as everything available to bolt onto it and all sorts of stuff for your MOLLE gear. I've purchased several used guns from them in the last couple of years at good prices. The recent 4506 was a prime example. They really aren't well informed as to what they have or what the going rate may be. Management seems to make moving it fast a priority and that works to the customers advantage. Their main customer base doesn't have much interest in vintage firearms and that also helps. I have two shops in the metro, including this one, that have standing orders to call me when anything vintage shows up.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 04-17-2018 at 12:39 AM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Nice thread. Of course, any thread about classic S&W's is going to be a good thread.

Wow I was feeling good after picking up this 19-3 for $450, but you sir found the deal of the week. Congrats on the purchase!

Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    Wow I was feeling good after picking up this 19-3 for $450, but you sir found the deal of the week. Congrats on the purchase!
    That's a very nice price for a Model 19 these days. Where I live that would have cost $150-200 more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    That's a very nice price for a Model 19 these days. Where I live that would have cost $150-200 more.
    Ya I got lucky for once, it was on consignment and the owner was in a hurry to sell. There is some wear on the cylinder and muzzle but the cylinder had almost no play, good timing, side plate screws looked untouched, and forcing cone looked good so it will be a shooter.....

Now I just need some wood stocks.
    Last edited by NPV; 04-17-2018 at 06:35 PM.

Very nice revolver at a great price.

For the rust removal, suggest using:

Big 45 Frontier Metal Cleaner

It works very well and does not scratch the finish.

http://www.big45metalcleaner.com
    Last edited by tango-papa; 04-18-2018 at 05:21 AM.

That is a great deal on that 28! Call me strange but I prefer the 28 to the 27's and the 58 to the 57's, lol!

User Tag List