Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Koch Bodyguards Got Police Badges From Same Tiny Town as Mercer

Koch Bodyguards Got Police Badges From Same Tiny Town as Mercer

Bodyguards for the family of billionaire industrialists Charles and David Koch used police badges from a tiny New Mexico town that authorized them to carry concealed weapons in all 50 U.S. states, according to documents seen by Bloomberg News. The Lake Arthur police department that awarded the badges for volunteer service is the same one that for years provided a similar perk to Robert Mercer, the 71-year-old New York hedge fund manager and a key financial backer of President Donald Trump.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...town-as-mercer

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Different rules for us little people.

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device using Tapatalk
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Previous discussion on similar topic;

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....NM-in-the-news

And from OP's article, Norwood is probably hiding in a bunker after this...

While Norwood usually kept hidden the names of other recipients of group emails, this time they were all visible to each other. Bloomberg News reviewed two copies of the email, which listed 275 recipients, and was able to identify eight as current or former Koch guards through other documents, including social-media postings and state licensing records.
    Last edited by texasaggie2005; 04-11-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Interesting.

Anyone know what the NM state requirements to be a reserve cop vs being a full time cop are?

Sounds like we should all visit NM and volunteer a few hours. Maybe we can get permits as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Angus McFee View Post
    Interesting.

Anyone know what the NM state requirements to be a reserve cop vs being a full time cop are?
    A pulse and hefty checkbook apparently
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

Somehow even as a retired LEO I am not as bothered by this as I am by Bloomberg et al anti gunner types having their body guards and security armed through other methods. At least it is likely the Koch bros. made a donation to the PD to get the badges instead of attacking the police for any use of force that doesn't fit their lopsided world view. It doesn't make it right but would be a ways down my list of things to be bothered by.

So, 275 recipients - 8 for the Koch Bros, leaves 267 left.

How many are body guards to other important people, like Soros?

Site Supporter
    While I don’t know the situation in NM, before AR enacted a concealed handgun licensing law, it was common for some sheriffs to hand out reserve deputy cards to any law-abiding citizen who wanted to carry a gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    So, 275 recipients - 8 for the Koch Bros, leaves 267 left.

How many are body guards to other important people, like Soros?
    Different situation. Koch Bros = bad & evil, while Soros, Clintons, et al = good.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List